Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New GoPro camera + nice fall weather = new video

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 03:01 PM
WideGlide_J
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New GoPro camera + nice fall weather = new video

Got a new GoPro camera and took the Wide Glide out on the trail saturday. this is what it looked like. hope you dig it

http://vimeo.com/32050427

Old 11-14-2011, 03:05 PM
NewAge
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome video man. Really good quality. Im gonna have to look into one now....

Old 11-14-2011, 03:11 PM
liljoejoe54
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice video, the quality looks great. Where and how did you mount the camera?

Old 11-14-2011, 03:15 PM
WideGlide_J
Intermediate

Originally Posted by liljoejoe54
I have the motorsports kit, so it has a suction cup I mounted to the tank in various positions for the foot and hand shots. the rest was on a chest plate mount that I borrowed from a friend, and probably wont use again.. I should have mounted it to the tank.. it probably would have gotten more road and less handle bars, and the other tank mount shots turned out to be smoother than I expected

Old 11-14-2011, 03:21 PM
FXD_TG
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Awesome editing job!

I've wanted to get a GoPro for our cycling interest and doing our own fall ride through the mountains two weekends ago was something I'd really captured on video.

Originally Posted by liljoejoe54
Same question... Looks like a chest strap in some of the shots, but wasn't sure about the down angle to the shifter.

I also saw your other H-D vid with Cinescope title: what was that shot with and how? Very cool...

Old 11-14-2011, 03:22 PM
Fastfwd
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL, you’re quite the filmmaker! Multiple angles and cuts to the music – I’m going to have to step up my game! I thought I was getting it done with my old Mini DV on a RAM Mount and straight video with music.

I’ve been eyeing a GoPro pretty hard since my trip 2 weeks ago and the Mini DV video came out so poorly. At least in transfer to Youtube – it was awful! The new Hero2 is coming out and I hope the old ones start going cheaper on Ebay soon when they do – they’re still bringing a pretty penny.

Mind sharing where you got yours from?

Old 11-14-2011, 03:35 PM
WideGlide_J
Intermediate

@TandemGeek, the Cineskates video was shot with my Canon 60D, a 50mm 1.4 prime lens, and "cineskates" which is a product I backed on the website Kickstarter. This guy took wheels and put them on a gorilla tripod with a ball head x camera mount. that was my first trial run using them on pretty rough ground. With a smooth surface and now more practice, you can get SUCH smooth tracks/slide shots

@FastFWD, thanks man! I am a tv editor/animator for a living, so I'm always puttin together videos here and there. There will be much more to come. the Hero2 is an amazing camera and brand new with mounts is the same $300 as the last model, which as far as camera equipment goes is a really great price. (and its waterproof!) I have a friend of a friend I work with who's a wholesaler and got mine 10% off.

feel free to send me a msg, I can help you with export settings to get the best quality from your dv footage for youtube

Old 11-14-2011, 03:36 PM
yellowpearlfb
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Cool video. Thanks!

Old 11-14-2011, 03:39 PM
pontiac69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

must say i do like your editing style and music choice. last one i heard was sounded like 70's **** music. great job. the go pro comes with editing program to do all that stuff?

Old 11-14-2011, 03:43 PM
WideGlide_J
Intermediate

Originally Posted by pontiac69
must say i do like your editing style and music choice. last one i heard was sounded like 70's **** music. great job. the go pro comes with editing program to do all that stuff?
the gopro just comes with the camera, the waterproof housing, the mount of your choice. you still need to buy the SD card and have your own editing equipment. there are lots of options out there if your thinking about getting into it but I'll warn you, getting into video/editing is just like buying a harley.. you get completely addicted to getting new parts, toys, plugins, add-ons.. unfortunately I'm addicted to both!

Quick Reply: New GoPro camera + nice fall weather = new video