Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New GoPro camera + nice fall weather = new video

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 08:19 AM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

That's awesome man! Great video and nice scenery. Love the go pro hetmet mount, capture what you see as your head moves lol.

Old 11-15-2011, 08:26 AM
MIKEKIM
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was told that they are coming out with a diver friendly version. A flat lens housing for it and GoPro will market it towards the diving community. I have been holding out for this since I dive a lot and I would like to share those video's with my friends and family. That way they can see what it is like to do black water diving for fossils.

Originally Posted by WideGlide_J
@TandemGeek, the Cineskates video was shot with my Canon 60D, a 50mm 1.4 prime lens, and "cineskates" which is a product I backed on the website Kickstarter. This guy took wheels and put them on a gorilla tripod with a ball head x camera mount. that was my first trial run using them on pretty rough ground. With a smooth surface and now more practice, you can get SUCH smooth tracks/slide shots

@FastFWD, thanks man! I am a tv editor/animator for a living, so I'm always puttin together videos here and there. There will be much more to come. the Hero2 is an amazing camera and brand new with mounts is the same $300 as the last model, which as far as camera equipment goes is a really great price. (and its waterproof!) I have a friend of a friend I work with who's a wholesaler and got mine 10% off.

feel free to send me a msg, I can help you with export settings to get the best quality from your dv footage for youtube

Old 11-15-2011, 09:28 AM
HD-MC
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice Video brings back memories of my last ride before storing my bike for the winter.

Old 11-15-2011, 09:48 AM
Carsten
Advanced

What kind of editing software did you use ? Friend of mine has the GoPro 1 and uses a MAC for editing. Is there a good windows or Linux based editing software ? Looking into getting the Hero 2 but don't want to invest into a new Mac as well....need to money for bike parts :-)

Old 11-15-2011, 10:34 AM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Awesome video and editing. I've been playing with my GoPro and have some decent footage. It's just that darn editing part is time consuming. You've done a marvelous job. BTW, I have the helmet mount and the view is pretty cool for a real first person perspective. Thanks for posting!

Old 11-15-2011, 11:24 AM
WideGlide_J
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Carsten
What kind of editing software did you use ? Friend of mine has the GoPro 1 and uses a MAC for editing. Is there a good windows or Linux based editing software ? Looking into getting the Hero 2 but don't want to invest into a new Mac as well....need to money for bike parts :-)
I use Avid Media Composer v5.5. it ain't cheap, but this is what I do for a living (editing/graphics). Avid is cross platform and I use it on my pc and my mac. Premiere is getting popular also, and is also cross platform, as is sony vegas... not sure how much they cost though. the new Hero2 is AMAZING though.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:01 PM
Fastfwd
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I browse the occasional digital video magazine and noticed recently that all the rage is editing in ‘The Cloud’ – at least for your online videos: http://www.youtube.com/editor

If you’re just wanting to share online – you can edit online for FREE

I’ve personally always used Adobe Premiere, but barely scratched the surface of what it can do – made home movie DVD’s and such (with Encore and After Effects). A recent digital video editing magazine was featuring the Windows Movie Maker built into Windows as a simple tool for video creation as well. Not sure if you can burn DVD’s with it or not, but I might assume you can. Simple cuts/transitions, add music, etc.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:46 PM
Carsten
Advanced

Thanks for the info guys, used Windows movie maker for some projects this year but had the feeling that a lot of quality got lost in the process.

Old 11-15-2011, 02:06 PM
CruzN
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default great video

I have one and found a handlebar mount caused to much vibration.
I mounted the camera on top my helmet and got some good results with it.

I used a small fishing line as a safety measure just in case the mount came off the helmet.

thanks for sharing.

Old 11-16-2011, 10:19 AM
NovemberRain78
Cruiser

oops double post

Quick Reply: New GoPro camera + nice fall weather = new video