Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bassani road rage ll

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 09:25 AM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Bassani road rage ll

I wanted some chrome on our wide glide. Started with the exhaust. fitment was good, some irritating moments but not bad.
From this
[IMG][/IMG]

to this
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 11-12-2011, 10:32 AM
FBinSoCal
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default So what's the verdict?

Going from the 2>2 (V&H big radius?) into 2>1 Bassani, what did you gain and what did you lose?

Overall, good move or not? I'm a big Bassani fan mostly because of the enhanced performance, but the look and build quality is great too in my opinion. What's your take now that you have had both?

Old 11-12-2011, 10:36 AM
FBinSoCal
Road Warrior
Default Really like your seat

Originally Posted by dirtdobber
I wanted some chrome on our wide glide. Started with the exhaust. fitment was good, some irritating moments but not bad.
From this
[IMG][/IMG]

to this
[IMG][/IMG]
Is that a C&C? Very nice look, how's it ride and if you don't mind, what is your hgt./wgt.? I'm looking for a seat that looks like yours but moves me back some.
I'm 6' 210

Old 11-12-2011, 11:16 AM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member

From the short ride today, still cold, I gained low end power, as soon as I let out the clutch. At running speeds less vibrations, very noticeable. Mid is some better, top end was not hurt. it will still peg the speedo in 5th and continue to pull hard in 6th.
I prefer the sound better with the Bassani. loud but not ear piercing. I am very satisfied with the over all performance and really like the look and sound. I was surprised with the low end, I have a ss 106 kit including cams, not sure which ones at the moment. The cams hit around 3 grand, the low end was fair but now it's good and when the cams hit now it really pulls hard.
It will be latter before I will/can do a full assessment. I will post my opinion later.

The seat is a Danny gray. More comfortable than I thought it would be. I'm 5'7" at 140 lbs.
The seat will move ya back some. Being short I had to make a new backrest bracket to push me forward some, about 2 inches. At 6' I would think you would be good without or with a back rest using the factory bracket. I could barely reach the forward controls and it was not very comfortable I might add. The way it is now it's comfortable for me. I did add HD mini floorboards that also helped.

Old 11-12-2011, 11:46 AM
FBinSoCal
Road Warrior
Default great review

Originally Posted by dirtdobber
From the short ride today, still cold, I gained low end power, as soon as I let out the clutch. At running speeds less vibrations, very noticeable. Mid is some better, top end was not hurt. it will still peg the speedo in 5th and continue to pull hard in 6th.
I prefer the sound better with the Bassani. loud but not ear piercing. I am very satisfied with the over all performance and really like the look and sound. I was surprised with the low end, I have a ss 106 kit including cams, not sure which ones at the moment. The cams hit around 3 grand, the low end was fair but now it's good and when the cams hit now it really pulls hard.
It will be latter before I will/can do a full assessment. I will post my opinion later.

The seat is a Danny gray. More comfortable than I thought it would be. I'm 5'7" at 140 lbs.
The seat will move ya back some. Being short I had to make a new backrest bracket to push me forward some, about 2 inches. At 6' I would think you would be good without or with a back rest using the factory bracket. I could barely reach the forward controls and it was not very comfortable I might add. The way it is now it's comfortable for me. I did add HD mini floorboards that also helped.
So it sounds like a winner overall. It sure looks good and i understand the low end power as you are describing. I went from total stock to the full prototype system I'm running now and experienced marked improvement low end too. Obviously i would gain performance from stock as it's running and breathing without the stock restrictions. But my comparison doesn't compare apples to apples. Your perspective is one from complete system to complete system so your review confirms to me the performance aspect of the Bassani's as opposed to V&H and more qualified review than mine. V&H has a very cool look, no doubt.

Next week I'm going back to the stock headers with the new bassani proto-type slip-ons and will share how that works. Your reply on the seat was also appreciated. Thank you.

Old 11-12-2011, 03:59 PM
zrx4me
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks so much better.can you post a few more side pics so I can see it better?

Old 11-12-2011, 04:29 PM
TXcruzin
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Subscribed

Old 11-13-2011, 06:15 AM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member

I do not understand it. It will not allow me to post and then it does a double post. Only on this site
double post

Last edited by dirtdobber; 11-13-2011 at 06:31 AM.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:21 AM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member

I will later today

Old 11-13-2011, 11:27 AM
Good_Apollo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How is the clearance on the front pipe to your frame downtube? Mine is super tight, the heat shield even taps the frame from time to time.

Quick Reply: Bassani road rage ll