Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

throttle and idle cable HELP!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 08:25 PM
cmancini26
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default throttle and idle cable HELP!!!!!

I went out to the garage a little while ago and twisted the throttle on my scoot and noticed no response I looked and the adjustments looked fine. Had no problem riding last night if I loosen the housing that holds the grip in place it snaps right back but when I tighten it up still bad response what went wrong? The cables are only 3 months old have not had any problems until now

Old 11-11-2011, 08:59 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,036 Likes on 774 Posts

By no response do you mean it won't turn at all or it won't return? If the throttle housing is binding, loosen it and move it to the right a little at a time until it works right. Look at the friction screw and make sure it's not too tight.

Old 11-11-2011, 09:02 PM
cmancini26
Tourer

Sorry meantnot returning I pulled on the actual cable housing where the cable connects into the switch control and now works beautiful I don't get it but it worked

Old 11-11-2011, 09:03 PM
R_W_B
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You didn't inadvertently twist your friction lock thingy on your last ride did you? I squirt a bit of lube down my cables every now and again. It helps keep the rust off the adjuster nuts under the boot too.

Old 11-11-2011, 09:10 PM
cmancini26
Tourer

Hhmm I never put the boots back on but there's no rust or anything and I haven't used the thumb control since I put my windshield on 2 weeks ago

Old 11-11-2011, 09:24 PM
R_W_B
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cmancini26
Sorry meantnot returning I pulled on the actual cable housing where the cable connects into the switch control and now works beautiful I don't get it but it worked
I guess it's possible that one of the little circlips that hold the cables in the switch housing could have broke and your cable is somehow binding up inside of it. You could check that if you have any more trouble with it. They are tiny little buggers, I have to have my glasses aimed just right to see them.

Old 11-11-2011, 09:38 PM
cmancini26
Tourer

Originally Posted by R_W_B
I guess it's possible that one of the little circlips that hold the cables in the switch housing could have broke and your cable is somehow binding up inside of it. You could check that if you have any more trouble with it. They are tiny little buggers, I have to have my glasses aimed just right to see them.
Possibly I haven't checked that but I think you might be right I don't think I should be able to pull the cable housing down from the control housing.

Old 11-12-2011, 06:17 AM
MIKEKIM
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry, double post

Last edited by MIKEKIM; 11-12-2011 at 08:18 AM.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:21 AM
MIKEKIM
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by R_W_B
You didn't inadvertently twist your friction lock thingy on your last ride did you? I squirt a bit of lube down my cables every now and again. It helps keep the rust off the adjuster nuts under the boot too.
Boy you are not kidding~! I just changed my throttle and idle cables and it was a bear to install those little clips.

Old 11-12-2011, 07:45 AM
Wireguided
Road Master

could the spring clip on the throttle lock be the issue?
Did you check that little bugger?

Quick Reply: throttle and idle cable HELP!!!!!