Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bike lift for new wide glides

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 09:10 AM
HDRusty
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bike lift for new wide glides

I seem to be having a little trouble finding a lift I can use with my 2010 WG. I tried a couple of the harbor fright lifts and they are to high to fit under the frames - specifically the tab that comes down that the kick stand mounts to. No amount of jockeying will get them under. Anyone have one that actually works? One with wheels so I can push the bike up against the garage wall work be nice seeing as how I have 2 more bikes to pack in there with my car in the winter. Thanks!

Old 11-10-2011, 10:13 AM
iamrfixit
Cruiser

Common problem with the dyna. A lot of people use lift blocks to hold the frame above the jack and gain the clearance needed but these can leave the bike a bit unstable.

You could also buy a better jack like the J&S or the Pitbull these are wider to clear the obstructions. I have had my WG on a friends J&S and it works great, very stable.

A forum member came up with this modification to his sears jack that looks like a pretty good solution. I have a lift table but would still like to have a jack on occasion. I will probably give this a try at some point.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:48 AM
dreamer65
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a Harbor frieght lift 59.00 with coupon from American Iron magazine
do a sreach for sears red jack on here real smply and it works great

Old 11-10-2011, 01:49 PM
DCLXVI
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

If your bike is lowered you will likely encounter problems with any jack. You still need the frame adapters for the Dyna but if you need more clearance just drive the bike up on a piece of wood like a 4x4 to give you the clearance you need to slide the jack under it.

Old 11-10-2011, 02:12 PM
South Jersey Scooter Trash
Road Captain

Have e the same problem with my 11 WG have a jack also from Harbor oil pan guard and kick stand major issues going to make a couple of mods with torch. And welder results to follow.

Old 11-10-2011, 02:12 PM
FXD_TG
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

For work in the rear-end of the bike, e.g., shocks & rear fender... I pull my '11 FXDWG into a Condor Pit Stand and that provides me more than enough clearance to slide my aluminum Harbor Freight M/C lift under the chassis.

With the jiffy stand up, the HF lift's fixed pads line-up with frame lift points -- including the jiffy stand -- that protect the bottom of the motor.

To work on the front end requires the use of a section of 2x4 and it's probably only marginal / not sufficient for any heavy-duty work, e.g., removing the front end.

I like the J&S stand, but it's in the realm of the No-Mar wheel changer that I also covet: (1) nice to have, (2) no real place to put it without creating clutter, and (3) would take at least 10-years to amoritize.

Old 11-10-2011, 02:30 PM
rdondes
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I saved $50 a month for 9 months so I could afford the J&S jack for my 2007 FXDC. I got the jack last week. There is nothing better for a Dyna at any price. Jacks up easy, solid as a rock, worth the $400. I threw my 3 year old, modified Sears yellow jack in the garbage. See www.jsjacks.com

Richard

Old 11-10-2011, 03:06 PM
thedonthere
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rdondes
I saved $50 a month for 9 months so I could afford the J&S jack for my 2007 FXDC. I got the jack last week. There is nothing better for a Dyna at any price. Jacks up easy, solid as a rock, worth the $400. I threw my 3 year old, modified Sears yellow jack in the garbage. See www.jsjacks.com

Richard
+1 Agreed

Old 11-10-2011, 03:08 PM
Bone11B
Road Captain

X2 J&S Jacks

Jack $400
Service Manual $40

after 1000K and 5000K you will have spent more. Its worth it in the long run. I love mine and have no complaints.

Old 11-10-2011, 03:12 PM
thedonthere
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

double post

Quick Reply: bike lift for new wide glides