Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Local Dealership Parts Policy

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 02:17 PM
Wide Glide Ride
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Local Dealership Parts Policy

The local Harley dealer in Concord sold me an enricher cable that would not fit my bike. I took it back (package was never opened) and was told they would only give me a store credit. I was told there are no exceptions to there return policy even if they sell you the wrong part. Is this common at other dealerships?

Old 11-06-2011, 02:24 PM
rambobob
Tourer

I would understand if it was ordered per your request but something in stock??? Stinks.

Old 11-06-2011, 02:40 PM
Asuperglide
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default The reason I never pay cash

If they selected the part number and it was wrong it's there obligation to refund the full amount. If you paid with cash your screwed. If paid with a credit card you don't need to argue with them. Return the item and advise your credit card company that you returned the item and you expect a full refund.

Old 11-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Frank Castle
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

Some stores/stealers charge a "restock fee" but I have never heard of a dealer actually refusing to refund someone their money.. and giving you store credit instead.. that of course ENSURES that you spend that money in THEIR business like it or not.. thats a **** deal.. lesson learned.. never go back..

Old 11-06-2011, 05:09 PM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Just tell them to exchange it for the correct unit, if they are unable, then I believe they must refund by law, may differ from state to state, but they cannot keep your money if they screwed up.
If that does not get satisfaction, advise the GM you will have your attorney call them, sucks, but that is all some people understand.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:18 PM
pcbunn
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you should tell us which Dealer so we can email them and voice our opinions. A little feedback from the customer may assist them in modifying their policy. I have learned to always ask what the policy is before I purchase something, no matter what or where, that way I know in advance and can decide whether to give them my business or not!

Old 11-06-2011, 05:59 PM
Wide Glide Ride
Intermediate

Originally Posted by pcbunn
I think you should tell us which Dealer so we can email them and voice our opinions. A little feedback from the customer may assist them in modifying their policy. I have learned to always ask what the policy is before I purchase something, no matter what or where, that way I know in advance and can decide whether to give them my business or not!
Not sure if the Forum rules will allow me to tell you it was Pat Rogers Speedway Harley Davidson in Concord NC. They told me that Pat was the only one that could change the policy.

Last edited by Wide Glide Ride; 11-06-2011 at 06:07 PM.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:16 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 49,844 Likes on 19,331 Posts

Originally Posted by Wide Glide Ride
The local Harley dealer in Concord sold me an enricher cable that would not fit my bike. I took it back (package was never opened) and was told they would only give me a store credit. I was told there are no exceptions to there return policy even if they sell you the wrong part. Is this common at other dealerships?
This has got to be the BIGGEST BUNCH OF BULL$HIT I've ever read on this Forum ... period!

Pat Rogers Speedway Harley Davidson in Concord NC has just won the
A$$HOLE OF THE YEAR Award !!

Old 11-06-2011, 06:39 PM
AFMM3
Road Warrior
Received 72 Likes on 43 Posts

I would use that in-store credit quickly. Any time you see a policy like that, it means they are on the verge of bankruptcy.

Old 11-06-2011, 07:25 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm glad I have a family owned harley store within 2 miles of my house. They would never even think about pulling crap like that. If I have to order a part from them they even offer to send it to my house on their dime. They have treated me so well over the years I bought a new harley from them.

Quick Reply: Local Dealership Parts Policy