Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Overpant?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 06:22 AM
dav.elis
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Overpant?

What's the best? leather HD? Here there is a normal winter of about 5-10°C.

Old 11-30-2006, 06:41 AM
2BKFXDL
Road Master
Default RE: Overpant?

I wear only HD leather jackets..................not that they are the only good ones out there.......I just think they are the best and I'll pay the $$$.

In no way do I think HD has the best and only thing going in chaps/overpants etc. My normal winter set up is wool hip wader socks [way over the knee], my silk long underwear, jeans and lined medium weight chaps.

I paid $70 for my chaps 3 years ago and they are still going strong. Winters here can get down in the single digits [F] but I dont ride after it gets into the teens.

Old 11-30-2006, 09:39 AM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tourmaster Cortech pants.Warm, tough, armored.What I liked especially about them is all the closuers had built in redundancy IE. all the zippers were backed up with velcro, snaps backed up with a belt etc.Not as pretty as leather but they will keep you warm and save your skin in a crash.

Old 11-30-2006, 10:23 AM
zippo201
Cruiser

My chaps and gauntlets are Fox Creek Leather. Good quality leather. http://www.foxcreekleather.com/mens.phtml

Forza Azzuri!

Old 11-30-2006, 10:26 AM
KeithB
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have River Road overpants, they are well made, but on 20/20 hind site i would prolly spring for the First Gear. The First are alot more money.

Old 11-30-2006, 10:42 AM
sleepneagle
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

for the 30's I wear chaps, when it gets colder, I wear a snow mobile suit. it's two piece bib type pants and jacket. I have free movement and stay very warm. you might check out www.sportsmansguide.com keyword "mossi"

Old 11-30-2006, 10:55 AM
KeithB
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Belwore about 35 i don't ride due to black ice

Old 11-30-2006, 10:59 AM
AZ Rider
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a pair of First Gear overpants. Very high quality and very warm.

Old 11-30-2006, 11:23 AM
Bear64
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have it all, leather pants, first gear overpants and jacket, also heated pants and jacket liner from gerbering couple of things here, the first gear jacket and overpants are waterproof, so on trips you don't need to take a rainsuit, just slip on the overpants on over a pair of jogging shorts and ride, when it cools down in the mountians simply put on a pair of pants and then the overpants..if I know it is going to be chilly, below 35, all day then I slip on a pair of silk long johns and the the electrics with a leater jacket, or the first gear jacket, again waterproof and we are off. mix and match works for me..If you know your going to be rideing late in the fall and early in the spring I might think go electrics, but perhaps in your case the first gear stuff may be better as it also doubles for rainsuit..When I first decided to ride late into the season I went with first gear, then added a heated jacket liner later and then went on to buy the heated pants..this was over about a 5 year time frame...the cost of it all slowed me down.. of course I also have the typical leather jacket and chaps that will work to a degree..Do not skimp on the Jacket, I just bought a new one from a leather dealer and it blows cool air in all around where the sewing was done..I know the thought of dropping $300-500 for a jacket sounds like a lot, but it will last a life time. my old one is about 20 years old and still works good, in fact I still wear it instead of the new one..hope this helps.

Old 11-30-2006, 01:16 PM
dav.elis
Tourer

Thanks a lot.

Quick Reply: Overpant?