Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sad but True, Not able to Start my 2009 FXDC

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2011 | 03:32 PM
JoeBobber
Advanced

not sure if any of the above fixed your problem, but if you have security system and it seems you do, it could be a fuse which needs replacing. If the security system fuse blows, you will not be able to start the bike. This happened to me and took me forever to figure out what it was...so now I carry around fuses in case it happens again

Old 11-04-2011 | 04:18 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member

One time my battery died so I always carry around a spare battery. I ran out of gas on my old Yamaha Enduro so I also strap a can of gas on the bike and one time I got a flat so I carry a spare tire and wheel on the bike too. Oh yea and I can't forget the spare engine I carry in case the original blows up. My gas mileage sucks and it's a little cramped with all that on there but I'm always prepared!

Disclaimer: I'ts a joke, I'm not that ****... even though I have been known to be an *******

Old 11-04-2011 | 09:56 PM
rdondes
Road Warrior

Did you try the jumper cables? If the bike starts, it's the battery that's the problem.

Old 11-04-2011 | 10:05 PM
shrini23
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by atulyo
Just had that happen to my bike. Took out the key fob batt.tested it it had 2.8v replaced it with a new batt. and the bike started no problem. If the key fob batt is low all the lights ect. work fine just the starting circuit will not work. Also would like to know more about what it is like to have your Harley in India. always fantacise riding my Dyna when I am on my 500 Enfield in India, except when I bottom out on a speed bump.
Just checked the FOB battery it emits 2.78V so I guess no worries at this side.
OT: We've got pretty huge group here in Bangalore,India. just finished ridin a 1000mls trip on a long weekend to Goa from Bangalore. 30 odd bikers & wherever we went everything was sponsored coz we were ridin Harley...
so I guess ridin a H-D in India has it own perks

Old 11-05-2011 | 04:42 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member

Uhh shrini23, you quoted atulyo and he said his battery tested at 2.8v so he replaced it and the new battery let his bike start. You said you tested your battery and it was even lower at 2.78v and you said you should be good?

You aren't drinking are you?

Old 11-05-2011 | 04:51 AM
imrotton2
Road Master

battery tenders and trickle charghers are just that... they keep a battery hot .... they are not too good for charging an almost dead battery... jmo

Old 11-05-2011 | 05:12 AM
shrini23
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by PigInaBlanket
Uhh shrini23, you quoted atulyo and he said his battery tested at 2.8v so he replaced it and the new battery let his bike start. You said you tested your battery and it was even lower at 2.78v and you said you should be good?

You aren't drinking are you?
Nope. I aint drinkin. The reason I said was that between 'em its only .02V
would that make a ton of diff?
I've given my battery to a battery store to do a load test, just waiting on the result

Old 11-05-2011 | 05:44 AM
shrini23
|
Road Warrior

Guess the battery is the culprit here.
When fully charged it only reaches to 11.8V.
When doing a load test it immdly drops to 9V.
The mech told me that with 9V it is very difficult to start up the engine, guess time for new battery.

Old 11-05-2011 | 05:49 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member

Originally Posted by shrini23
Nope. I aint drinkin. The reason I said was that between 'em its only .02V
would that make a ton of diff?
I've given my battery to a battery store to do a load test, just waiting on the result
Well he had a 2.8 reading and it wouldn't let his bike start. You had an even lower reading so I don't understand why you think yours is ok if his wasn't.

Old 11-05-2011 | 08:22 AM
jamman
Road Master

Seeing as the fob batteries a 3 volt ...

Quick Reply: Sad but True, Not able to Start my 2009 FXDC