Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Helmet lock frame mounted w/pictures

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 11:03 AM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,973 Likes on 4,165 Posts

Actually like you I seldom worry about it. However near were I work is two kids racing up and down the street on mopeds. No helmet. As much as I would like to see them with a helmet I do not want it to be mine with me 10 miles from home. Actually do not even leave it there anymore. Take it with me. Sure they could care less about a strap being on it.

Old 11-04-2011, 11:58 AM
Gee
Tourer
Received 101 Likes on 41 Posts

I spent close to 400 on my helmet. It's either locked on the bike or I carry it with me. On those 5 minutes til closing toilet paper runs I just keep it on at my neighbor hood grocery store. Takes me longer to take it off and lock it up then the walk to the back of isle c for the charmin 4 pack. I guess I am past the age of caring what I look like walking through the store. My OL needs tp NOW and that's what I am there for..lol

We got the blue tooth cardio set on the helmets so I get to listen to music while shopping or mess with the OL while she is in buy something to drink and I am filling up with gas. I'll make fun of some one or some thing and she will be in there laughing for what would seem no apparent reason. Usually gets me a couple of good slaps when she get back to the bike.

I did get a long neck paddle lock that I lock the helmets to luggage rack. Will have to look into getting one of these for the HD though.

For those that ride two up I found a item at cycle gear that makes it easier to lock two helmet to one lock.

http://www.cyclegear.com/eng/product...ion/web1004454

Worked good with the helmet lock on the old bike for us and use it with the pabble lock on the new one.

Last edited by Gee; 11-04-2011 at 12:08 PM.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:17 PM
skjskmata
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 128auto
Got a frame mounted helmet lock installed on the lower part of the frame tube, it is not even visible, it doesn't stop helmet thief from cutting the strap but a piece of mind, take it easy!

I have the same lock, but on the left side of the bike, low on the frame tube. That way, I can sit my helmet on the shifter so it sits upright while locked. If you happen to get some rain while you're away from your bike (or a bird with good aim), you may be a little disappointed when you put the helmet on.

Old 11-04-2011, 12:37 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

I do concern about the rain lol, yeah shouldn't put it up side down.

Originally Posted by skjskmata
I have the same lock, but on the left side of the bike, low on the frame tube. That way, I can sit my helmet on the shifter so it sits upright while locked. If you happen to get some rain while you're away from your bike (or a bird with good aim), you may be a little disappointed when you put the helmet on.

Old 11-04-2011, 04:25 PM
Garyk
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I retired I kept a set of S&W handcuffs ( they were mine), works great. Just remember to take the right keys with you, had to call a cop once to get my helmet off the bike...embarrassing..

Old 11-04-2011, 05:49 PM
stewbeezer
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I usually just hang my helmet on my handlebars. If I feel that I need to lock it I carry this Combination Lock and lock it to my Sissy Bar or some other convenient location. Just in case my mind gets foggy I have the combination in my cellphone.

Attached Thumbnails Helmet lock frame mounted w/pictures-img_0232.jpg   Helmet lock frame mounted w/pictures-img_0234.jpg  
Old 11-04-2011, 06:25 PM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by toastman
Just wear a worn out scratched up twice pinstriped stickered up novelty hat like I do and you wouldn't be able to give it away to a thief.

It makes me cringe when I see people walking around with their helmets.

Reminds me of the rice rocket riders who do that retarded thing where they walk around the supermarket or modells or wherever idiots like that hang out with their painted to match helmet pushed halfway up on their head. We get it, you ride a motorcycle, congratulations. Then again if you're dumb enough to do that...maybe you need to wear a helmet indoors.
You're in rare form Man! I like the way your thinking.

Old 11-04-2011, 06:35 PM
Just Enough
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by skjskmata
I would be worried about a dog walking by and marking the territory.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:00 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by EricInNCa
You're in rare form Man! I like the way your thinking.
LOL

I've been PUI a lot more often lately.

Posting Under the Influence

Old 11-04-2011, 07:55 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

lmfao lol, I guess nobody wants to steal cop's helmet lol
Originally Posted by Garyk
When I retired I kept a set of S&W handcuffs ( they were mine), works great. Just remember to take the right keys with you, had to call a cop once to get my helmet off the bike...embarrassing..

Quick Reply: Helmet lock frame mounted w/pictures