Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 Wide Glide tail light

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 08:46 PM
Sandhog
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Default 06 Wide Glide tail light

Hey folks.
Is there anyone on here who has changed the taillight liscence plate setup on an 06 wide glide?
I have seen a fantastic setup produced by Joker Machine but it wont fit an 06 model.They say they are working on one but I havent seen it.Anyone else have any experiance with another make or solution?
Not sure what the difference is with the 05's

Old 11-29-2006, 09:08 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Default RE: 06 Wide Glide tail light

In 2006 all the DYNA models changed the frame COMPLETELY! the rear fender is wider! MY Suggestion is...

Go through Jireh cycles, and get the cat eye tailight and the earlier bracket, or, you can get just the tailight...( get the whole thing!)
Anyway, what you do is get some heavy grade paper, and cut out a form to fit the wider fender, and use that as a template to have an aluminum, metal, or whatever you choose used to make a backplate for the cateye tailight, and put the license plate right underneath it! Through Jireh Cycles, you can get the parts for under 30 bucks and they are NICE PARTS. I put them on my sweet baby Susie...so enough said....( lay down license plate, frame and fasters under 12 bucks!)

I understand...I'm asking you to actually fabricate something on your own!!!! Believe me, if you do this, and take your time, it will look outstanding...if you want, let me know, and I'll send you pics of my old Kawasaki Vulcan 800A that I did this too, and you will see what I mean!

By the way I too am a Traveling man....I have stood in the East, traveled around the compass, met on the square, and have crossed the Burning sands, my Dear Brother....keep the oath-to death

Joe

Old 11-29-2006, 09:53 PM
Sandhog
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: 06 Wide Glide tail light

Always a pleasure to hear from a brother..Always looking for more light (and taillights)