Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H 2012 Pipes

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 06:25 PM
Fiasco00
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You thread the O2 sensor into the adapters first with anti seize, then you thread them into the pipe and tighten them down. The best way to do it is to disconnect the O2 sensors first (on dynas there is a plug under the seat and one in front of the engine, the one with the back plug goes in the rear pipe) then pull the pipes off with the sensors still in place. If you are getting the black short shots I would highly recommend covering the heat shields in blue masking tape when you install them as they scratch super easy. Here is a pic of the bung adapter I used from Bassani, and also a pic of my bike (because I am super proud of how it turned out). Put Woods TW-777 cams and Bassani Road Rage 2 exhaust and a Roland Sands air cleaner.

Attached Thumbnails V&H 2012 Pipes-imag0050.jpg   V&H 2012 Pipes-imag0064.jpg  
Old 10-30-2011, 07:52 PM
hellbob37
Road Master

Okay. Awesome lookin bob! I'm going to be running a cobra. So I'm hoping if I stay with these pipes that are the "wrong model" that the adapters won't pull the o2's too far out of the bungs. I'm gunna call VH tomorrow.

Old 10-30-2011, 11:26 PM
Fiasco00
Advanced

Yeah, I would definitely CALL V&H, I called Bassani to get my adapters, they told me the did extensive testing. However, the O2 sensor itself only extends bast the adapter by maybe an 1/8 inch. Bassani assured me it was enough and it seems to work fine. I can't imagine V&H not offering something similar. That being said, I know for fact that short shots will sound good on that bike, however, in my opinion they are over used. I have seen way too many sportys and dynas using the same pipes. If Value is an issue, they are the way to go. I spent extra to try and get away from the normal exhaust and I am EXTREMELY happy with my Bassani Road Rage 2's. However, I did put big cams in mine which makes a big difference.

Old 10-31-2011, 07:32 AM
hellbob37
Road Master

I was going to go with short shots. As I had those on my iron and fatboy. I went with big shots this time I hopemim happy with them

Old 10-31-2011, 09:15 AM
hellbob37
Road Master

Well from what I understand the cobra fi2000 does not use the o2 sensors. So being the fitment is the same, which I hope it is for the mounting of the exhaust I'm not too concerned, because it sounds like I'll be plugging them anyway.

Old 10-31-2011, 09:24 AM
FBinSoCal
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fiasco00
Yeah, I would definitely CALL V&H, I called Bassani to get my adapters, they told me the did extensive testing. However, the O2 sensor itself only extends bast the adapter by maybe an 1/8 inch. Bassani assured me it was enough and it seems to work fine. I can't imagine V&H not offering something similar. That being said, I know for fact that short shots will sound good on that bike, however, in my opinion they are over used. I have seen way too many sportys and dynas using the same pipes. If Value is an issue, they are the way to go. I spent extra to try and get away from the normal exhaust and I am EXTREMELY happy with my Bassani Road Rage 2's. However, I did put big cams in mine which makes a big difference.
How was performance after you changed out your exhaust? I'm running a bassani 2>1 prototype, complete system. This is on a 2012 switchback. Performance blew me away. Did you remap yet?

Old 10-31-2011, 09:33 AM
Stag556
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fiasco00
I see a lot of short shots on these bikes and yes, they are pretty common. I actually picked these out of a picture before I knew anything about exhausts. Go figure that they are practically the most common pipes used. lol. Oh well, its just personal preference. I am also going to contact V&H today because When they emailed me back, they just gave me the basic "no release date yet" answer. That doesn't leave a good taste in my mouth since I'm a potential customer.

If another company is offering alternatives, I don't see why they shouldn't either.

Old 10-31-2011, 10:54 AM
Stag556
Road Master

Just spoke with V&H over the phone and they were pretty informative. The gentleman told me that they will be releasing staggered short shots around January or February. I asked about the O2 sensor adapters and he said they aren't offering them because the whole reason HD changed the O2 sensor was to get them deeper in the pipe to get a better reading and thus a better tune.

Using the adapters moves the sensors farther out of the pipe and defeats their original purpose. He also said HD changed their ECM module and they would be releasing a brand new fuelpak within the next month.

Sounds to me that they are at least doing things the right way and being thorough about it. Guess I'll just have to wait.....

Old 10-31-2011, 11:21 AM
Fiasco00
Advanced

Originally Posted by FBinSoCal
How was performance after you changed out your exhaust? I'm running a bassani 2>1 prototype, complete system. This is on a 2012 switchback. Performance blew me away. Did you remap yet?
Well, being that I installed cams and air cleaner and exhaust all in the same shot I can't speak of the performance gain from the pipes alone. However, these pipes sound AMAZING. With the cams and everything the throttle response is UNREAL! I have not remapped yet, I plan on doing a dyno tune as the bike is running really rich right now.

Old 11-15-2011, 10:50 PM
Stag556
Road Master

Just figured I would update this thread for anyone with a 2012 Dyna such as myself....V&H have posted the Staggered Short Shots on their site for the 2012 model. I don't know if they are officially released yet because there is no where to actually purchase them. Ill post the link....

http://www.vanceandhines.com/store/d...lsystems/47227

Quick Reply: V&H 2012 Pipes