Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Velocity Stack and FXDWG

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 07:16 PM
annapolisfatbob
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just installed the kury and its pathetic imo, i went for looks and got burned!

Old 11-02-2011, 08:27 PM
Massive
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by annapolisfatbob
i just installed the kury and its pathetic imo, i went for looks and got burned!
That sux, I was looking at that also.

Old 11-03-2011, 08:08 AM
coachstorms
Tourer

I'm just curious since I run one of the kury ones, why do you feel you got burned? Did your bikes dyno numbers drop off or something?

Old 11-03-2011, 11:59 AM
annapolisfatbob
Tourer

Originally Posted by coachstorms
I'm just curious since I run one of the kury ones, why do you feel you got burned? Did your bikes dyno numbers drop off or something?
i knew i would be losing hp its the fact that it is way too bulky and hot as f%ck! it is a quality piece but isnt worth the looks!

Old 11-03-2011, 02:49 PM
coachstorms
Tourer

It is fairly bulky, but i have long legs and extended forwards so that hasn't been a problem for me but I can see that being a bitch if it was in the wrong spot for your riding stance.

But you say yours is hot? Why is that I wonder, mine doesn't feel any different of a temp than any other part of the bike even when crossing AZ in the summer heat. Could your motor be running way hot for some reason maybe?

Old 11-03-2011, 03:01 PM
Buckinfitch
Supporter
Received 4,082 Likes on 1,514 Posts

Originally Posted by annapolisfatbob

sounds like a few of my relationships

Old 11-03-2011, 03:07 PM
annapolisfatbob
Tourer

Originally Posted by coachstorms
It is fairly bulky, but i have long legs and extended forwards so that hasn't been a problem for me but I can see that being a bitch if it was in the wrong spot for your riding stance.

But you say yours is hot? Why is that I wonder, mine doesn't feel any different of a temp than any other part of the bike even when crossing AZ in the summer heat. Could your motor be running way hot for some reason maybe?
yah ill proly have to get a custom tune for it. i had the heavy breather and the bike would get hot on long rides, took the kury out in mid 60's for about 15min and my leg was burning. did you have you bike tuned for the kury coach?

Old 11-03-2011, 04:17 PM
coachstorms
Tourer

I haven't had it on the dyno - i'd like to but I always end up spending the dough on other stuff. My map on my pcV is set up pretty close to dialed in though it seems, fuel moto is pretty legit when it comes to hooking that up. I went from the standard stage-1 filter setup to the kury so i really can't compare it to the heavy breather, wimmer, rsd, etc so it's totally possible that the kury sucks in comparison.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:59 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by USMAMule
Yeah I was looking that chart...but it does look like they have one filter model that breaks teh 210 range. That's pretty good for a guy who doesn't have a lot of interest in winning drag races.

USMAMule
well, if your going cams and big bore kit(or juts cams), you want a filter with superior airflow. The velocity stack with a filter will be the weak link in getting air into the bike. It will rob the performance gains you can have by choosing a better flowing filter.

Old 11-04-2011, 08:24 AM
USMAMule
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rounder
well, if your going cams and big bore kit(or juts cams), you want a filter with superior airflow. The velocity stack with a filter will be the weak link in getting air into the bike. It will rob the performance gains you can have by choosing a better flowing filter.
Well as I said - I am building a bike to give me more bang on local roads and highways to get past people who are speed limit teetotaler, not win drag races, so if the A/C is responsible for a couple horse power drop but I don't end up with scored cylinders and loss of compression and an engine in need of premature rebuild, I can live with that.

I called and spoke to ac Wimmer tech, and even the true velocity stacks they offer with 80 screen mesh he said he wouldn't run if he was riding the way I ride and didn't have access to a full shop that he can rebuild engines in himself. So I think a true velocity stack is off the table for me. Thanks everyone for the input. You probably stopped me from making a mistake. That is why I asked the question in the OP.

USMAMule

Quick Reply: Velocity Stack and FXDWG