Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

un decided about my wg

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 12:33 AM
troopermike
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Twerkman, I'm in the same undecided boat with my WG. I am 44 and live in Illinois. I traded my Street Glide in for mine because I wanted something new and my wife rarely rides with me anymore. I have the detach. w'shield and love it. The crashbars I wouldn't put on my bike... that being said its your ride and if you can stretch out on them and ride comfortably then who cares. I have a T-bag round duffle I slip down over my backrest or I throw on a backpack at times too. I was referred to "badgcustoms.com" for saddlebags and they have some nice options to go with. With the detachable w'shield and backrest you can totally change the look of your bike. I have been kicking around installing a wider front tire, ala Russell Mitchell bikes, as I find my narrow front tire get real squirrelly at times. Keep working at it and you'll find what works for you. Best regards. Trooper Mike

Old 10-29-2011, 12:59 AM
editbrain
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Not a WG, but my SB felt a bit uncomfortable for me. I had to put on Loner risers, changed the solo for a FB seat, spokes for mags, wifey got a detachable sissybar, a few other cosmetics, and now it feels real good.
The thing about the WG I couldn't get along with is forward pegs only for controls. I had to have mid controls with hwy pegs. During evasive maneuvers I feel better with mids.
I also use a Biker Friendly bag as a backrest when on trips over 100 miles. I feel it works better than any windshield as far as fatigue.
Nice looking bike you have. Here are the mods on my Dyna. You'll work yours out.

Last edited by editbrain; 10-29-2011 at 01:05 AM.
Old 10-29-2011, 01:57 AM
Jeff W
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, im 48 for the next few months.

When traveling, I pull the bars back and lock them in place, I put on the back seat and quick detach sissy bar, and I put the bag down on the back seat, quick detach windshield goes on, I also put the Kuryakyn mustache bar and pegs on, . after all is done i can lean back and relax, my longest ride like this was 850 miles in a day.
If all you do is throw some 12" bars on that bike, you will be able to get enough reach out of them to lean back and relax, you will be much happier on longer rides.

Once i m home everything comes off and i mostly ride with Solo seat only, and bars are pushed back up, in this picture i still had the back seat on the bike, but it shows the badgcustom solo bag on the right side. the badgcustom solo bag was a little floppy but i fixed that so its much more ridgid and holds its shape, I love that bag, it gives me a way to haul around the basic needs stuff.

Last edited by Jeff W; 10-29-2011 at 02:01 AM.
Old 10-29-2011, 02:26 AM
editbrain
Road Warrior

Yeah. Just like that.

Old 10-29-2011, 07:53 AM
twerkman2
Cruiser

hmm im feeling it I do have the solo seat that came with the bike I guess I will have to use it until I find a better one.
I am so used to the le pera long leg seat I currently use is there a solo seat that sits way back like the long legs?

Old 10-29-2011, 09:07 AM
DavinaniZepp
6th Gear

Below here, I never though when I saw this picture! I always though ape handle might give my 2 hands numb since hands above heart and flow the blood down from hands if ride too long??

But I saw your point, I might be able to lean back little bit and let my body backward little bit as well!!

May I curious, what is your height??

Originally Posted by Jeff W
Well, im 48 for the next few months.

When traveling, I pull the bars back and lock them in place, I put on the back seat and quick detach sissy bar, and I put the bag down on the back seat, quick detach windshield goes on, I also put the Kuryakyn mustache bar and pegs on, . after all is done i can lean back and relax, my longest ride like this was 850 miles in a day.
If all you do is throw some 12" bars on that bike, you will be able to get enough reach out of them to lean back and relax, you will be much happier on longer rides.

Once i m home everything comes off and i mostly ride with Solo seat only, and bars are pushed back up, in this picture i still had the back seat on the bike, but it shows the badgcustom solo bag on the right side. the badgcustom solo bag was a little floppy but i fixed that so its much more ridgid and holds its shape, I love that bag, it gives me a way to haul around the basic needs stuff.

Last edited by DavinaniZepp; 10-29-2011 at 09:09 AM.
Old 10-29-2011, 11:51 AM
Jeff W
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm 5' 11", you have to remember, your head is uphill from your heart too.

Old 10-29-2011, 12:13 PM
Dynaglide68
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you going on a long trip ok but there's to much junk on there just to ride your bike .......

Old 10-29-2011, 12:32 PM
JonV
Tourer

I'm thinking the back end looks a bit cluttered, go Solo Seat, smaller rack and sissy bar. I like the Solo and Fork Bag suggestions with there Detach Windscreen.

Old 10-29-2011, 01:33 PM
editbrain
Road Warrior

For around town with some back support. Get a solo seat that you like, and ride with a small BF bag or the like. My medium-large is to big for around town unless I am going for a specific item or items that demand that much room, but it isn't to big for the bike. I think a large BF bag would be.

I hated my solo seat from Harley on my stock FXDB so I bought a FXDF seat from a member here for a very nice price. It works like a charm, and is very comfortable. As far as apes go. I have stock bars with 2" Loner risers, and they are just about perfect. I have them pulled back some. I don't ride with the straight up. I have ridden for 500 miles per day, and never felt my arms or hands go numb.

Quick Reply: un decided about my wg