Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low profile WARM gloves?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 01:01 PM
Gamble Gold
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gamble Gold
How about these:

(clicky)

(clicky)
They're pretty expensive, but then there's this to consider:

Originally Posted by obonaven
You have two choices. Either buy the Gerbings now or buy a bunch of crap that never quite cuts it then buy the Gerbings.

Old 10-27-2011, 04:45 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

How about these:

(clicky)

(clicky)
Those look like the same glove as the T-5 with a battery option, I got some T5's not long ago, very nice glove with a fleece lining, not thin but not as thick as the held Freezer gloves I bought last year - which incidentally cost just $30 less than the T-5 gloves and my hands still got cold after a while.

Originally Posted by Gringoloco13
I picked up this glove set from Gerbing's, and bought an adapter to run these from my battery tender connector. These are heated gloves and keep your hands very nice and warm.

G3 Heated Gloves
http://gerbing.com/Products/Gloves/G3.php

SAE-2 to Coaxial Heated Garment Adapter
http://shop.roadcaptainusa.com/produ...2&categoryId=4

Those will be thinner as are a couple of the HD branded gloves but rather than use your battery tender pigtail with an adapter - install the Gerbing pigtail and use their adapter to plug in your battery tender as the Gerbing pigtail is heavier.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:08 PM
jupiter2
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an old pair of Harley gauntlets. Not super warm on their own, but in a zippered pocket on the wrist they have a wind proof mitten that slides over - very thin. The combo of insulation and wind breaking is great.

Also - another tip that I wouldn't believe unless it worked for me is - layer to keep your core warm.
The blood then does not go to your core to keep your organs warm and then can go to you extremities to keep them warm.

I once layered to the extreme to see what would happen, and in January in Pennsylvania, my hands were about steaming from the amount of warming blood that was in them...

It works - try it. Layer your torso to keep your hands and feet warm.
Weird but true.

Last edited by jupiter2; 10-27-2011 at 07:10 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:23 PM
neocontra
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Under armoir gloves work good and they are pretty low profile thickness wise.

Old 10-27-2011, 08:07 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,065 Likes on 3,631 Posts

I just bought a pair of Bilt winter gloves , windproof, waterproof from Cyclegear for $19... feels pretty good...

Old 10-27-2011, 08:43 PM
redrubicon2004
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I bought these gloves from the local harley dealer. They are pretty thin but very warm. I have only worn them a couple times and always keep my hands warm. I wore them on a morning ride that was 36* when we left, my hands were nice and warm.

Old 10-28-2011, 02:16 AM
FBFletch
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by XjldX
So I have been battling tingly fingers these last few days of riding. As the mercury drops, I find myself needing a warmer pair of gloves.

Here's the catch, I hate the feeling of the bulky cold weather gloves that I already have, it feels like I am disconnected from the grips entirely.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good pair of warm gloves that will keep the feeling in my fingers when riding in near freezing temps, that are thin, low profile and don't look/feel like ski gloves?

Cheers,
jld!
They don't exist. Unless your bike has a fairing of some type to protect your hands from the wind, you will NOT find a pair of gloves that will keep your hands from getting cold in near freezing temperatures unless they are heated - period.

You can run out and by the biggest, thickest, bulkiest gloves you can find. You can pay a million dollars for the "best" cold weather gloves on the market. But, if you don't have a fairing to protect your hands OR your gloves are heated, you're hands will get cold.

Last edited by FBFletch; 10-28-2011 at 02:19 AM.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:28 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,065 Likes on 3,631 Posts

Heated is the best way... i have some very good gloves but the Gerbings are the bomb...If you don't want electric look at snow mobile gloves like from Arctiva...

Old 10-28-2011, 06:57 AM
DCLXVI
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

If you total all the money you will spend trying to find warm gloves you will have payed for the gerbing gloves and probably the jacket liner too.

Old 10-28-2011, 09:09 AM
obonaven
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At least I did not have to say it this time. But there is this to consider - Your fellow riders will mock you and call you a *****, but the truth is you will be a warm ***** and they are secretly jealous!

They're pretty expensive, but then there's this to consider:
Quote:
Originally Posted by obonaven
You have two choices. Either buy the Gerbings now or buy a bunch of crap that never quite cuts it then buy the Gerbings.

Quick Reply: Low profile WARM gloves?