Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna Swingarm Bag / 90200570

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 01:43 PM
Bar
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Taddeoeg
Don't see any reason why it wouldn't. The bracket holds the top of the bag out a bit so it doesn't come near the upper belt guard, and the bottom of the bag basically backs up to the lower frame member - the belt's behind that.
Thanks, Since I could not see the photos of how the bag mounts, you definitely confirmed what I thought, it should fit!

Old 06-19-2012, 09:46 PM
AK BAGGER
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finally got around to putting this bag on Momma's Super Glide Custom. I'm convinced that Harley did not use the supplied mounts when the took pictures to advertise this bag! No matter how carefully I followed the directions, the bag didnt mount anywhere near how it shows in the picture. It pushes it way up and over the electronics cover (see other members mount on pages 2 and 4)...not below it like the picture in the Harley Davidson parts web page. So ...I cut the front mount down about an inch and a half to get it below the electronics cover. I also modified the lower mount to drop it an eqaul inch and a half. Now it looks more like the picture in the Harley advertisement. Here are pics after the install ...

Dyna Swingarm Bag / 90200570-002.jpg

Dyna Swingarm Bag / 90200570-004.jpg

Dyna Swingarm Bag / 90200570-005.jpg

Dyna Swingarm Bag / 90200570-006.jpg

Dyna Swingarm Bag / 90200570-007.jpg

Last edited by AK BAGGER; 06-19-2012 at 10:08 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:59 PM
nkauf21
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AK BAGGER
Finally got around to putting this bag on Momma's Super Glide Custom. I'm convinced that Harley did not use the supplied mounts when the took pictures to advertise this bag! No matter how carefully I followed the directions, the bag didnt mount anywhere near how it shows in the picture. It pushes it way up and over the electronics cover (see other members mount on pages 2 and 4)...not below it like the picture in the Harley Davidson parts web page. So ...I cut the front mount down about an inch and a half to get it below the electronics cover. I also modified the lower mount to drop it an eqaul inch and a half. Now it looks more like the picture in the Harley advertisement. Here are pics after the install ...
That looks really good. I'm still convinced that this is the nicest looking solo bag for the Dyna's. It looks exactly how I picture a solo bag, tucked away on the primary side of the bike out of sight. I have a BAD&G solo bag which I got so that I could have some more space if I ever had to pick something up but I consider it more a saddle bag then a solo bag so I never keep it on the bike unless I need it. I may pick one of these up to have a permanent bag on the bike.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:55 AM
DonN
Road Warrior
Received 207 Likes on 141 Posts

[QUOTE=AK BAGGER;9963181]Finally got around to putting this bag on Momma's Super Glide Custom. I'm convinced that Harley did not use the supplied mounts when the took pictures to advertise this bag! No matter how carefully I followed the directions, the bag didnt mount anywhere near how it shows in the picture. It pushes it way up and over the electronics cover (see other members mount on pages 2 and 4)...not below it like the picture in the Harley Davidson parts web page. So ...I cut the front mount down about an inch and a half to get it below the electronics cover. I also modified the lower mount to drop it an eqaul inch and a half. Now it looks more like the picture in the Harley advertisement. Here are pics after the install ...

Is that the HD kickstand extension? The one I have on mine is a PIA to find, yours seems to extend more than mine.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:41 AM
TGWN
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lots of cash just for an overflow purse.

Old 06-20-2012, 08:27 AM
jmeiers
Road Warrior
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Thumbs up

Couldn't help myself and installed this bag 2-3 weeks ago. Absolutely perfect and best looking bag I have seen that doesn't look out of place. It looks like it came with the bike. I also like that it is tucked away on my least favorite side of the bike so I really never see it unless I am putting something in it.

For the peeps that think this bag is not functional or too small, it may very well not be functional for someone on a camping trip or someone who likes to travel with a bunch of cargo and I don't think Harley produced this bag for those peeps in mind.

However, for someone like me that is all about the minimalist look and can't stand the site of bags in general, this bag is very useful and 100% functional for my purposes. It keeps my pockets empty and has no problems holding my everyday things like my wallet, license/insurance, iPhone, work Blackberry, long-sleeve thermal shirt, etc, all the things I had to stuff in my pockets or a backpack. I was even able to stuff it with a 6 pack of Bud Light cans.

Anyway here are some crap photos as the sun was dropping after I installed it a few weeks back (bike is dirty and it needs a good washing and some pics from my Canon). I used black zip ties to mount it to the brackets as that was a very good tip posted by someone previously. I am also going to lower the mounts like the pics posted by AK BAGGER but I am still happy with the bag in its current position. Also, my bike is lowered and I have the stock kickstand without extensions still and I have no problems getting my kickstand down by using my heel.

Name:  IMG_1653.jpg
Views: 12422
Size:  261.0 KB
Name:  IMG_1655.jpg
Views: 7222
Size:  195.6 KB

Last edited by jmeiers; 06-20-2012 at 11:01 AM.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:54 AM
onefastcorvette
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought this bag and had a HELL of a time getting the kickstand down while the bag was installed!! What a PIA. Mine is for sale.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:28 AM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Damn! I would love to have one if I can keep the passenger peg, any workaround?

Old 06-20-2012, 10:42 AM
jmeiers
Road Warrior
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by 128auto
Damn! I would love to have one if I can keep the passenger peg, any workaround?
I don't think there is any workaround for mounting a passenger peg while the bag is still mounted up and if you could it would block the opening of the bag. I am solo for life so this will never be an issue for me. It highlights another reason why this bag was made for a Street Bob, which comes as a solo-seated bike, standard.

However, if you mount it with the zip tie method, you can have the bag off the bike in 32.65 seconds.

Old 06-20-2012, 05:07 PM
AK BAGGER
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, the kickstand extension is the Harley Davidson extension ...works great with the bag. And yes, this bag is nothing more than an "overflow purse" on Momma's bike. All she needs is space for a water bottle (to beat heat exhustion in the Florida heat!) and a couple packs of smokes. My Street Glide pulls "mule duty" for whatever else we need for anything longer than a day trip. As for the price ...even at full price of $229 (can get it for $180 = shipping from Surdyke), it's still a lot cheaper than the ol'lady pays for a Coach purse!! And it is the best looking "single bag" for a Dyna without going full saddlebags.

I cut down the top mount even more today (all the way down to the lower cross-bar), and cut about 1.25 inches from the leather "pouch" on the back of the bag so it will slide down lower on the mount. I also use zip ties instead of the straps that come with the bag. The profile is perfect now. I'll put some pics up later of the new fit.

Quick Reply: Dyna Swingarm Bag / 90200570