Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna Swingarm Bag / 90200570

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 06:31 PM
transam7969
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmeiers
I hope it holds a few cans. It will at least take a load off my back. Anyone ever ridden with a 12 pack strapped to their back will feel me!
12?? Try a 30 pack :-P

Old 03-30-2012, 08:01 PM
pthauvet
Cruiser

Originally Posted by jimmy z
Can anyone advise on what tools are needed to attach the HD swing arm bag? It looks easy enough and would like to do it myself.Reason I ask is because I kinda have lame a$$ tools,but would be glad to go out and buy what I need instead of paying someone.Thanks.
I will check tomorrow, from memory I believe you will need 1/4 socket for the lower belt guard and a torx 25 for the upper guard

Old 03-30-2012, 10:42 PM
spankdog
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Its a 3/8 socket for the lower guard and it will have to be a long socket or a short with a little extension for the foward most one. The upper guard takes a 3/16 allen wrench (or 5 millimeter if the hole is sloppy) and a half inch open/box wrench for back up on the rear allen bolt. The peg mounts are a T-45 torx bit.

Old 04-07-2012, 09:11 AM
LoveHate
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Strange ... for starters, to stand the bag as you need to make some small modifications ... knife, drill, 2 zip ties. This is not a big problem ... always necessary to make such things.

The real problem is that once installed stupid bag ... rider can not reach by foot to the jiffy stand!!! Must bend to find him and bring out by hand .... very stupid! Now I have to do some extension of the jiffy stand ...

Old 04-07-2012, 10:12 AM
Taddeoeg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LoveHate
Strange ... for starters, to stand the bag as you need to make some small modifications ... knife, drill, 2 zip ties. This is not a big problem ... always necessary to make such things.

The real problem is that once installed stupid bag ... rider can not reach by foot to the jiffy stand!!! Must bend to find him and bring out by hand .... very stupid! Now I have to do some extension of the jiffy stand ...
Try using your heel instead of your toe to catch the jiffy stand and push it down. Takes a little practice but works fine without adding any extensions.

Old 04-08-2012, 06:57 AM
DonN
Road Warrior
Received 207 Likes on 141 Posts

I received the bag and like others mentioned, the straps seem overkill and will probably replace with zipties. I also had problems finding the kickstand so was glad I had included the extension with the order. Biggest problem was finding the screws as I had removed the pegs some time ago. It is a nice bag, much better construction than my badgcustom battery bag, but then it cost a lot more.

For me, primary use is to keep tools in. Its really too low for me to bend over with my bad back. But every time I ride with the group, someone breaks down.

Old 04-08-2012, 06:59 AM
DonN
Road Warrior
Received 207 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Taddeoeg
Try using your heel instead of your toe to catch the jiffy stand and push it down. Takes a little practice but works fine without adding any extensions.
Did you lower your bike? Mine is, and had a lot of trouble trying to get to the kickstand as its tight against the bag. Normal height, its probably ok.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:54 PM
Bar
6th Gear

This is only my second post.
I could not open the attachments to view the pics?
Site states:
Bar, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

My question is will this bag fit SB with no upper or lower belt guard without rubbing?

Thanks,
Bar

Old 04-10-2012, 03:23 PM
Taddeoeg
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by DonN
Did you lower your bike? Mine is, and had a lot of trouble trying to get to the kickstand as its tight against the bag. Normal height, its probably ok.
No, mine isn't lowered. Not sure how/why that would matter though as the relationship between jiffystand/frame/bag should all be the same - just closer to the ground.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:26 PM
Taddeoeg
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Bar
My question is will this bag fit SB with no upper or lower belt guard without rubbing?Thanks,Bar
Don't see any reason why it wouldn't. The bracket holds the top of the bag out a bit so it doesn't come near the upper belt guard, and the bottom of the bag basically backs up to the lower frame member - the belt's behind that.

Quick Reply: Dyna Swingarm Bag / 90200570