Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna Swingarm Bag / 90200570

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 02:17 PM
Al-Sheikh
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anybody?

Old 08-11-2012, 02:27 PM
jmeiers
Road Warrior
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Al-Sheikh
would this bag work with saddle bags on at the same time?
It should work but if you are already running saddle bags, why would you want this bag?

Old 08-11-2012, 03:45 PM
Al-Sheikh
Advanced

Originally Posted by jmeiers
It should work but if you are already running saddle bags, why would you want this bag?
I only pop on the saddle bags (leatherpros) for longer rides on weekends and don't want to remove the swingarm bag every time. Call me lazy I don't need the saddle bags on working days because I only do short distance rides and prefer the look of my bike without. I really like the idea of the swing arm bag because it's low-profile and just big enough to store some essentials that you want on your bike all the time (tire gauge, flashlight, leatherman, lighter...).

Last edited by Al-Sheikh; 08-11-2012 at 03:48 PM.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:47 PM
pthauvet
Cruiser

Originally Posted by AK BAGGER
Updated pictures ....I cut down the upper swingarm mount again, and modified the upper mounts on the bag also, trying to get the bag mounted like the pictures on the Harley parts page. I think I've got it now. It's well below the "electronics box cover", and follows the lines of the swingarm and belt guard.

Small but functional, and looks good!

Attachment 256638

Attachment 256639

Attachment 256640

Attachment 256641
Did similar mod, looks much better....

Name:  3cad916b.jpg
Views: 4524
Size:  189.0 KB

Old 09-17-2012, 01:02 PM
shorelasHD
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,858 Likes on 1,270 Posts

Just ordered a distressed leather version from Surdyke to go with the solo seat on my 2009 FXDF-thanks for all the info on this thread, I'll post some photos when I get it installed.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:31 PM
shorelasHD
Ultimate HDF Member

Got the bag, looks great! My project for the weekend is to mount it on the Bob. Problem is, when I try to look at the attached photos, I get this:

shorelasHD, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
I went through the FAQs and was unable to find a remedy for the problem. It would be nice to be able to see some or all of the photos on this thread. Any suggestions??

Old 10-04-2012, 12:52 PM
Al-Sheikh
Advanced

Originally Posted by shorelasHD
Got the bag, looks great! My project for the weekend is to mount it on the Bob. Problem is, when I try to look at the attached photos, I get this:

shorelasHD, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
I went through the FAQs and was unable to find a remedy for the problem. It would be nice to be able to see some or all of the photos on this thread. Any suggestions??
You need more posts

Old 10-08-2012, 05:36 AM
shorelasHD
Ultimate HDF Member

I do believe you are correct, Al-Sheikh! After a few posts here and there on the Forum, suddenly I'm able to view all of the photos and attachments.

I installed the distressed leather version of the bag this weekend. Other than having to use a cold chisel to remove the forward belt guard bolt (after stripping the hex socket and then breaking off a screw extractor to boot), installation was a breeze. To get the bag to mount lower (like the stock Harley photo, I cut the top swingarm mount off flush with the lower crossbar of the mount and cut the bottom of the rear pouch to let the bag slide down further ala AK BAGGER's suggestion. The lower swingarm mount needed no modification, and I used zip ties and the existing slots in the back of the bag.

The bag may be small, but it's perfect for carrying small odds and ends, and looks great on the bike. And by the way, a jiffy stand extension is a definite plus!

Attached Thumbnails Dyna Swingarm Bag / 90200570-20121006_121042.jpg  
Old 03-13-2013, 08:30 PM
chaplaint
1st Gear

For those who have installed the swing arm bag to their dynas. I mostly ride solo but at times mg wife insist on going. So, I keep the 2up seat. I want the swing arm bag be cause in is minimally noticeable. I don't like to run saddle bags. I cannot tell from the pictures if I have to remove the passenger foot peg. For the bag for around the peg?

Old 03-13-2013, 08:42 PM
tfalcon
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What's the deal with all the seriously old threads coming back to life?

Either way, you must not have actually read thru the thread cause it was addressed several times...hell the second post answers your question. But yes it does take the place of the passenger peg.

Quick Reply: Dyna Swingarm Bag / 90200570