Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 Wide Glide 2up seats?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 07:03 AM
ll Legion ll
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I started with the Sundowner solo, bought the Sundowner pillion and had it on the bike for, I don't know 6 hours? It was so HUGE that I just couldn't deal with it.

I've since installed the Wide Vintage Solo (79358) from Mustang along with their thin rear seat (76444) and never looked back. It looks good, and the comfort level is a huge improvement over stock (so I'm told).

If you're interested, I can take a pic when I get home tonight so you can see how it all looks.

Old 10-21-2011, 07:59 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

the mustang tripper solo and pillion work great for both my wife and myself. Amazing comfort for a thin low profile seat.

Old 10-21-2011, 11:40 AM
WVNightster
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ll Legion ll
I started with the Sundowner solo, bought the Sundowner pillion and had it on the bike for, I don't know 6 hours? It was so HUGE that I just couldn't deal with it.

I've since installed the Wide Vintage Solo (79358) from Mustang along with their thin rear seat (76444) and never looked back. It looks good, and the comfort level is a huge improvement over stock (so I'm told).

If you're interested, I can take a pic when I get home tonight so you can see how it all looks.
Sure I would like to see how it looks pal.Lots of good info from this site thanks so much guys.Big ups to Tandem those pics helped a bunch.

Old 10-23-2011, 03:29 PM
ll Legion ll
Advanced

Sorry it took me so long, here is a pic of the Mustang thin rear seat (76444) installed.

Originally Posted by WVNightster
Sure I would like to see how it looks pal.Lots of good info from this site thanks so much guys.Big ups to Tandem those pics helped a bunch.

Attached Thumbnails 2012 Wide Glide 2up seats?-76444.jpg  
Old 07-05-2012, 05:33 PM
cltwideglide
Stage II

FXD_TG,

What sissy bar and rack are you running? The one you have looks exactly like what I'm looking for. Are you still happy with the C&C Sport Tour Saddle? My wife wants something a little wider than the stock pad.

Originally Posted by FXD_TG
C&C Sport Tour... Best of the lot and less expensive than the H-D RallyRunner

Couple photos of our WD from a month or so back down below. First two are with the Touring Saddle, aka., the Barcalounger Saddle. Second two are with the C&C Sport Tour saddle. Here is a link to a quick & dirty test YouTube video that lets you see just how much bigger the Touring is vs. the C&C as the bike morphs between configurations: :18 - :22 for the big saddle. Link

This still photo from the video lets you clearly see how much large the Touring saddle is vs. the C&C as well as the stock solo saddle:

Touring is a nice saddle for, well, touring. But way too much saddle for every day use IMHO, noting I'm a small guy @ 5'8" / 165lbs and my wife is about 5'2" / 120lbs, both mid-50s.

Tried a H-D RallyRunner but in addition to several quality issues, the pillion was just a little too narrow @ 8". Thankfully, H-D took it back for a full refund due to the quality issues.

C&C Sport Tour is VERY similar to RallyRunner, as is the Danny Gray. Of the three, the C&C had the widest pillion and most options.

C&C Sport Tour was a quite a bit less $$ than the H-D RallyRunner MSRP, the pillion was 9" wide and has a better shape & feel (according to my wife) and comes in your choice of coverings and all kinds of other options for additional cost. I had a short fuse for an upcoming trip and ordered a basic saddle directly from C&C to keep things simple: they had it in my hands in about 5 calendar days, shipped from CA to GA in late September. I'm a very happy customer with about 600 miles on the saddle so far.

Old 07-06-2012, 10:23 AM
zmotorsports
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I just ordered a C&C Sport Tour yesterday after several weeks of looking and mulling over in my head. I like the OEM Wide Glide seat on my 2010 but the wife would like a little more under her and I wanted her to be comfortable.

I had heard and read many good things about the C&C Sport Tour so I decided to give it a try. I will post some pictures when I get it in my hands and installed on the bike.

FXD_TG, I would also like to know what sissy bar and bags you are running. Did the C&C fit with the stock OEM small sissy bar or did it hit?

Thanks.

Mike.