Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

black wrikle paint or black bed liner spray can ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 01:23 PM
sickboy75
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default black wrikle paint or black bed liner spray can ?

im wanting to blackout some chrome pieces like fuse battery covers etc. which will look better of the two spray cans the wrinkle paint or the spray liner? do i need to use primer w these to? anyone do this an have some pics they can show me? thanks!

Old 10-19-2011, 01:28 PM
cthagreekgod
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Truck bed Liners usually have texture to them. The roll on one I have did anyway. I'm not sure about the spray, but if it was textured, if wouldn't look right. Many of the guys on here use an appliance epoxy that is supposed to be durable and very nice. I'm sure someone will chime in on that, but that is apparently the way to go for gloss. I'm not sure if they offer it in flat/wrinkle though.

Old 10-19-2011, 01:36 PM
sickboy75
Cruiser

it doesnt have to b gloss. likin for a texture like the inner primany case. that type of black. that way it can look flat but if u hit it w some hilight spray it can also shine.

Old 10-19-2011, 01:44 PM
Afishinado
Road Master
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

After my accident that left my engineguard twisted up (among other things including the tin set. I had it straightened and sand blasted the chrome off. I always thought it would look more 'camofloged' in black. This is the texture paint results. Very happy with how it came out.

Attached Thumbnails black wrikle paint or black bed liner spray can ?-black-eng-guard-a.jpg   black wrikle paint or black bed liner spray can ?-black-eng-guard-b.jpg  
Old 10-19-2011, 01:52 PM
stev0n
Road Master

appliance epoxy is gloss only.

For wrinkle black, spray whatever your painting with a flat/matte black first (base coat) Then use VHT wrinkle black

Old 10-19-2011, 02:02 PM
Hammer2284
Intermediate

I have used bed spray liner on a few parts on my bike like mid control brackets!!! The thing i like about the bed spray is you can put as many coats on as you like to control the thickness of the coverage and you only have to wait a few minutes between coats!!! I rode all season and i do not notice one chip showing chrome on these brackets and it does not stick out compared to the finish on my bike!!!

Old 10-19-2011, 02:05 PM
Hammer2284
Intermediate

OH yes and i did not use primer i just scuffed the chrome a little with some fine sandpaper!!

Old 10-19-2011, 02:52 PM
kcoombe
Intermediate

VHT Wrinkle black looks just like H-D wrinkle black.

Old 10-19-2011, 03:10 PM
sickboy75
Cruiser

what is HVT wrikle black an where do i get it? so this willm get me the look of the inner primany cases?

Old 10-19-2011, 03:20 PM
refuzeandrezizt
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sickboy75
what is HVT wrikle black an where do i get it? so this willm get me the look of the inner primany cases?
VHT stands for Very High Temp. You can get it at most all automotive stores. I just painted my 2 into 1 pipe with the flat black. Worked real well.

Quick Reply: black wrikle paint or black bed liner spray can ?