Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Dyna Wide Glide Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 05:48 AM
KAUFMANSM
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vance and Hines side shots for me with a RSD speed 7 ac abd a sert,

Last edited by KAUFMANSM; 10-19-2011 at 05:50 AM.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:08 AM
WideGlideFever
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Well unfortunatley I am in Afghanistan till March. When I get home Id like to have the exhaust on it that I want when I pick it up from the dealer and start riding, I am too impatient to pick up the bike then take it back to get exhaust put on it.
Originally Posted by billjoat
Full pipes

Old 10-19-2011, 07:36 AM
billjoat
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WideGlideFever
Well unfortunatley I am in Afghanistan till March. When I get home Id like to have the exhaust on it that I want when I pick it up from the dealer and start riding, I am too impatient to pick up the bike then take it back to get exhaust put on it.

Then I would go with the Vance and Hines of your choice and get the pair of quiet baffles also separately. Then you can always change out the quiets for the regular when you want to.

Old 10-19-2011, 07:50 AM
WideGlideFever
Road Master

Thanks to all who have posted with your suggestions. After doing some research on reviews for the Big Shots Staggered, I think that is the ones I will go with. If its too loud I can always try the baffles or put ear plugs in. Id hate to spend money on something else and have the regret of them not being loud enough.

From what I have been seeing, if I only replace the exhaust, no mapping or fuel pack required, can someone with experience confirm this for me?

Thanks guys...

Old 10-19-2011, 08:17 AM
billjoat
Cruiser

[quote=WideGlideFever;8949250]
From what I have been seeing, if I only replace the exhaust, no mapping or fuel pack required, can someone with experience confirm this for me?

quote]

This is what I did, only after writing V&H and Sampson.

Old 10-19-2011, 08:24 AM
billjoat
Cruiser

Originally Posted by WideGlideFever

Thanks guys...
I actually found the communication between me and Sampson Exhaust:

The question "I" asked is actually at the bottom of this section.

Although it is suggested by many people to remap your stock module or purchase a new module or use an add on fuel management device the newer bikes from 2010, which is your bike, the stock module will recalibrate itself to stock settings when installing a free flowing exhaust system. We have very many customers who have not changed anything else on their bike use our exhaust without any problems at all with their bikes. If you add an air cleaner in place of the stock air cleaner we suggest either a new download or fuel optimizer. I hope this has been explained enough to answer your question. For more information please give us a call for more personal service.
Thank you,
JR

One of the things that sets us apart from other exhaust companies is our quality, service, and knowledge . We genuinely want to assist you with your exhaust selection to help assure they are the best match for your needs. Whether it is style, price, or performance that is most important to you, we are capable of offering you the most suitable exhaust for your situation.

If you have any other questions please call.

Technical Support and Information
655 Tamarack ave
Brea CA 92821
1-888-5-SAMSON | 888-572-6766
Office 1-714-518-2480
Fax 1-714-518-2466
Please visit our website at www.SamsonUSA.com

Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2011 6:49 AM
To: info@samsonusa.com
Subject: SamsonUsa - Product enquiry for Product Name: Legend Series "Street Sweepers" Massive 2 1/2" One Piece Full Coverage Heat Shields

SamsonUsa
BILL GODWIN has requested more information on Legend Series "Street Sweepers" Massive 2 1/2" One Piece Full Coverage Heat Shields (Product-SKU: D2-959)

Fits 2006 to 2011 Harley Davidson Dyna Glide Motorcycles.

Question

I've heard that some sort of engine management system is needed for efi engines so as not to run too rich or lean with the installation of aftermarket pipes. Can you please clarify this for me.

Thanks

2010 FXDWG

WOULD LIKE STREET SWEEPERS

Last edited by billjoat; 10-19-2011 at 08:28 AM.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:48 AM
WideGlideFever
Road Master

Thanks billjoat! Appreciate that post!

Old 10-19-2011, 09:45 AM
Samson_tech
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are swapping out stock pipes for free flowing pipes like Samson's you do not need to remap if you do not change your stock air cleaner.
Thank you,
JR

Old 10-19-2011, 01:01 PM
ll Legion ll
Advanced

Vance and Hines Big Radius for me. Yes, they are loud. No, the bike no longer sounds like a lawn mower...

Old 10-19-2011, 09:25 PM
FXD_TG
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I started a thread over on another forum when I was in search of aftermarket pipes that wouldn't rattle the neighbor's windows at 6AM on those days when I opted to ride my H-D to work instead of my BMW.

http://www.harley-davidsonforums.com...tml#post449275

I also posted up a video with some audio: http://www.Harley-Davidsonforums.com...81-post18.html

As best as I can tell, my V&H Big Shots with both sets of baffles and an SE Stage 1 breather with full cover were easily managed by the stock Delphi EFI. The bike ran just fine with just the pipes, and then adjusted for the SE Stage 1 when I added that about a month later. The bike went through the 1,000 mile service with flying colors and the only "download" I opted for was the one that enabled the EITMS... rear cylinder shut-off for heat management at idle.

About two weeks ago I added Nightrider's Xtreme in-Line Enrichment Device (XiED) in the O2 sensor signal wire circuits to see if I could further reduce some of the engine heat by spoofing the EFI to increase the air/fuel mixture: no noticeable impact to engine performance and the engine does seem to run cooler based on spot checking my digital oil temp gauge.

Bike seems to run very well with all of these mods and has a nice "muscle car" sound to the exhaust. It's still loud and sounds like a Harley, but without the annoying "edge" that stock V&H pipes can have with the cheese grater baffles and, to a certain extent, even the Quiet Baffles. It's very easy to live with and doesn't leave me with ringing ears the way the stock V&H pipes did after a couple hours in the saddle when they were first installed.

Last edited by FXD_TG; 10-19-2011 at 09:30 PM.

Quick Reply: 2011 Dyna Wide Glide Exhaust