Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Singapore and bikes/gals

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011 | 10:43 PM
DonN
|
Road Warrior
Default Singapore and bikes/gals

Some pics from my former home in Singapore of bikes and gals. Bottom yellow if my FXDC. Some dynas mixed in.

http://www.bikernet.com/pages/story_...ry_detail.aspx

Old 10-12-2011 | 11:37 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member

man that sure is different from when i was there in 65 on rand r

Old 10-13-2011 | 01:24 AM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior

Nice pics for sure! But if you want to show the bikes, leave the chicks out of the picture. Those were lovely ladies and were my only focal point in the entire shoot. Dang! I love Asian beauties more than bikes...

Old 10-13-2011 | 04:00 AM
odd_child4life@hotmail.com
Tourer

great post! thanks for sharing!

Old 10-13-2011 | 04:16 AM
slarson
Tourer

Nice pictures I was in Singapore from 1988 to 1998 and married a Singapore woman

Old 10-13-2011 | 05:22 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member

Beautiful city, bikes and girls. Too bad America doesn't live by the same principles. We should look like that.

Old 10-13-2011 | 05:44 AM
66cruiser
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Ron750
Beautiful city, bikes and girls. Too bad America doesn't live by the same principles. We should look like that.
Yea, Right!
[QUOTE]Lots of restrictions are strictly enforced and make Singaporean bikers long for biking "American Style." ...
They are not able to make any modifications to their bikes other than bolt on accessories and many of those are "illegal." No choppers are allowed on the island period - custom non-production manufactured are not allowed. Of course, no loud pipes are allowed and helmets are required. ..
The island is only about 10 miles wide and 22 miles long. This doesn't afford riders lots of long-ride opportunities...While it may be a photographers delight, it is not a bikers dreamland. [QUOTE]

ETC. ETC. ETC. The devil is always in the details.. Loved it as a visiting seaman in the '70s.. don't think I'd care to live there now.

Old 10-13-2011 | 05:57 AM
slarson
Tourer

Right you are I lived in Singapore for 10 years and It's a nice place to visit but would not want live here. I took a Sportster into Singapore back in 1988 and had to get a letter from Harley Davidson explaining why they did not put center stands on the bike. It was a big hassle

[quote=66cruiser;8927750]Yea, Right!
[quote]Lots of restrictions are strictly enforced and make Singaporean bikers long for biking "American Style." ...
They are not able to make any modifications to their bikes other than bolt on accessories and many of those are "illegal." No choppers are allowed on the island period - custom non-production manufactured are not allowed. Of course, no loud pipes are allowed and helmets are required. ..
The island is only about 10 miles wide and 22 miles long. This doesn't afford riders lots of long-ride opportunities...While it may be a photographers delight, it is not a bikers dreamland.

ETC. ETC. ETC. The devil is always in the details.. Loved it as a visiting seaman in the '70s.. don't think I'd care to live there now.

Old 10-13-2011 | 06:31 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member

[QUOTE=66cruiser;8927750]Yea, Right!
[QUOTE]Lots of restrictions are strictly enforced and make Singaporean bikers long for biking "American Style." ...
The island is only about 10 miles wide and 22 miles long. This doesn't afford riders lots of long-ride opportunities...While it may be a photographers delight, it is not a bikers dreamland.

OK. I stand corrected. I hate bureaucracies. Just think our cities could be clean and shiny if everybody pulled their own weight. And I see a few people everyday who could use a caning.

Old 10-13-2011 | 10:51 AM
luisan
Outstanding HDF Member

This brings back old memories,while I was living there in Pandan Valley I purchased the just released Honda 900 Bol d' Or.

Quick Reply: Singapore and bikes/gals