Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best tuner? besides tts?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 01:30 PM
dyna bomb
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best tuner? besides tts?

hey guys what is the best tuner out there besides the tts mastertune? i talked to them today and the wont be coming out with a system till after the new year for 2012 softails and dynas! and i want to put some exhaust on before that and need a good tuner!

Old 10-12-2011, 01:39 PM
kk6pg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Once you subtract TTS and Tmax from the equation, its all about personal preference once you understand their shortcomings.

Old 10-12-2011, 02:00 PM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

I can only speak to the units I have used, the FuelPak, PC III, and my current tuner the TMax w/Autotune.

If the TMax is available it would be my first choice, I have been thoroughly impressed with it. I have made a few changes to my pipes since installing it and it has not missed a beat. Great unit that the others I have tried cannot even compare to for tune quality.

Old 10-12-2011, 02:03 PM
jp13
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the cobra i2000 on mine.I have had it for 5 years and 26k on it with no issues.Everyone has their own preference.

Old 10-12-2011, 02:48 PM
thedonthere
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're just doing exhaust I don't think you'll need a tuner.

Old 10-12-2011, 02:52 PM
dyna bomb
Cruiser

thats where im confused ive been told two different things! i would love to do just exhaust and not change the a/c! for a while but eventually i want to change the a/c and tune it! so i can get away with just pipes???

Old 10-12-2011, 02:55 PM
XLerator
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jp13
I have the cobra i2000 on mine.I have had it for 5 years and 26k on it with no issues.Everyone has their own preference.
They just came out with theirs for the 2012 dynas and softails sometime in the last few days.

http://www.fi2000r.com/

Old 10-12-2011, 02:57 PM
XLerator
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dyna bomb
thats where im confused ive been told two different things! i would love to do just exhaust and not change the a/c! for a while but eventually i want to change the a/c and tune it! so i can get away with just pipes???
The bike can make some adjustments on its own. If you put some slipons on there without changing the AC you'd be okay, but if you go with a full exhaust you'll need to remap or it'll run dangerously lean.

Old 10-12-2011, 03:02 PM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by XLerator
The bike can make some adjustments on its own. If you put some slipons on there without changing the AC you'd be okay, but if you go with a full exhaust you'll need to remap or it'll run dangerously lean.
That is simply not correct. If you do not add air it will not run leaner than it already does.

Pipes only you do not NEED a tuner, however if you are going to eventually add a high-flow ac, you will want to have a tuner, notice I did not say need a tuner, the ECM can compensate, but you will still be at the stock AFR or near, which does run hot, a tuner will help it run cooler, and an autotuner will help you get all the performance the new ac and pipes have to offer, and do it without having to remap and try to find a "perfect" map for each change.

Old 10-12-2011, 06:08 PM
dyna bomb
Cruiser

haha so who do i listen to? the guy with 8 posts or the guy with 4,680 posts? i know which one im leaning towards! i think ill just do the exhaust only for now and i decided to go with R&B racing lsr 2into1! ill do the a/c and tuner at a later date! prob a big sucker 2 and tts master tune when the are available for the 2012's! thanks for all the info and help guys

Quick Reply: best tuner? besides tts?