Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chaps

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006 | 03:13 PM
Shrug
|
Elite HDF Member
Default Chaps

Looking for some chaps. HD price is probably twice what I should pay. Ebay lists them from $20, which are most likely crap. Searched the forum but got no hits. Anyone recommend a good mail order source or a source local to the Dallas area?

Thanks in advance.

Old 11-26-2006 | 03:35 PM
forrest
Cruiser
Default RE: Chaps

Hi you could try www.theironhorseman.com I haven't used them so cant say what quality is like, I was going to get a jacket from them but the shipping killed it

Forrest

Old 11-26-2006 | 03:43 PM
oldfrtbkr
Cruiser

Looking for some chaps. HD price is probably twice what I should pay. Ebay lists them from $20, which are most likely crap. Searched the forum but got no hits. Anyone recommend a good mail order source or a source local to the Dallas area?

Thanks in advance.
================================================== =====

Check out J&P Cycles, they got a web site and also get on their catalog list, lost of good stuff.
As far a chaps go they might look the part but as far as protection, IMHO, they're pretty far down the list. Legs are covered but what about the part that usually hits the ground first, your butt, no protection there. If you're really serious about serious protection check out some of the import shops in your area for some Cortech or other armored riding pants.

http://www.activemediatours.com/moto...er_jackets.htm

Firstgear is also top notch

http://www.firstgear-usa.com/fgweb.nsf/home?openform

Old 11-26-2006 | 04:05 PM
clayman
Road Master

I would also pass on the chaps, but would stay with leather. I read a review that compared jeans gortex and leather in a fall senario and leather was by far the best. i will try and find the article and post it. Also if it is protection from the elements you are looking for the chaps leave some pretty important areas unprotected. I guess for summer riding they would be good since the got good vetalation, i may get a pair for next summer but as far as cold wheather riding i would get yourself a GOOD pair of leather riding pants.

Old 11-26-2006 | 04:19 PM
DFowler
Intermediate

These guys are pretty good http://www.leatherup.com/index.asp .

Old 11-26-2006 | 04:42 PM
Shrug
|
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: clayman

I guess for summer riding they would be good since the got good vetalation, i may get a pair for next summer but as far as cold wheather riding i would get yourself a GOOD pair of leather riding pants.
I'm looking for warmth over protection. Rode with a pair on and noticed a major improvement. I often ride to work and have to wear slacks so leather pants aren't an option.

Thanks!

Old 11-26-2006 | 06:02 PM
DougsDyna
Banned

Leather chaps will take you through any season............ I wear long johns, and jeans in the winter with chaps. For longer rides, I have a light weight pair of snowpants I wear under the chaps.
In the rain I wear the rain pants over my chaps. The chaps are easy on, easy off.

DougJ

Old 11-26-2006 | 06:34 PM
1ironhead
Cruiser

I got a pair from these guys at a show in Lincoln,NE
Big B's Leather and T's
605-224-2007
800-859-8297
They're buffalo hide(thick but comfotable).

Old 11-26-2006 | 08:55 PM
clayman
Road Master

I dont meen leather pants like you would see the village people wearing but leather riding pants. They are made to go over top of your clothing, you step through them and zip them up at the sides. They would be the best fo what you want espesially since you want to ride to work with your work clothes underneath. You just wear what you are going to go to work in then step into your riding pants zip them up put on your coat and off you go, then when you get to work unzip and done. If you happen to hit alittle rain or some road slime it stays on the riding pants and best of all your crotch doesnt look like you lost control of your blatter on your ride.

Old 11-26-2006 | 09:09 PM
1200babe
Tourer

I just got a pair of cordura chaps from Colorado chaps.com they fit great and really keep out the wind and only cost about 75.00 The come in a variety of colors and fit in a nice little bag. I am very happy with them.

Quick Reply: Chaps