Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chaps

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006 | 11:08 PM
firefighter3666
Road Master
Default RE: Chaps

Some time ago I priced chaps and riding pants looking for something that would provide some warmth on colder rides. Even in the summer, if I ride to work it's at an obsceneley early time (0430) and tends to be a bit cool. I tried riding to work and then changing into a uniform, but that was a pain.

While surfing riding wear websites at work, a co-worker with a construction background suggested I look at Carharts. They are pretty much the industry standard for anyone that works outside in inclement weather, and unbeknownst to me at the time, they sell them in black. Since that time I've picked up two pairs. One pair non-insulated for those cool summer morning and cooler fall days. One pair extremely insulated for those sunny near freezing days.

As a bib-overall theres a bit of extra protection from that cold air that creeps through the jackets zipper. It's not the standard biker look.... but it's pretty close.

Old 11-26-2006 | 11:14 PM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

got mine at dennis kirk,on line,dang good prices !!!

Old 11-26-2006 | 11:22 PM
steelcowboy
Road Master

Have you tried Wilsons leather. I have had nothing but great luck with they're stuff the prices are good and they will send you replacment buttons snaps etc at no charge.

Old 11-26-2006 | 11:32 PM
dsb189
Intermediate

Bought a good pair of chaps at the bike show in Ft. Worth about two weeks ago. I will look for the name of the company, I think they were out of Wis. $49.99 for the ones that I bought.

Old 11-26-2006 | 11:38 PM
tb2377
Tourer

foxcreekleather.com makes excelant leather products and a great company to deal with. I got my jacket and chaps from them. real thick and nice and soft and heavy.

Old 11-26-2006 | 11:40 PM
Matrix
Road Master

I would like to get a pair of lined River Road leather overpants, they snap at the ankle and zip all the way up to the waist, just like chaps, but go over you clothes and cover everything. They cost about $150-$160.

Old 11-27-2006 | 12:20 AM
RudeDog
Road Warrior

There's some good site links here but, (there's always a "but" in these threads ) i got a pair of the HD ones about 5 years ago and I ride in the rain, cold, and sometimes snow and they have held up alot longer than I thought they would. Never been conditioned or cleaned and I leave them on a coat rack both at work and home. I would say they are a worth while value. Your choice.

Old 11-27-2006 | 12:23 AM
dlstanf2
Road Master

My reply to an earlier post, "New to Chaps".

I got a set of chaps at the Myrtle Beach spring rally. ~$85 - $95. However, I was trying to save money and not sure I would like to have a pair. I also have a Vest and Leather Jacket, both Harley brands. I will be getting a set of the Harley chaps. Why? QUALITY. I taking my cheap pair in for repair tomorrow. Zipper busted while at Myrtle Beach fall rally. A friend of mine found a pair of Harley chaps on sale at half price. Harley puts a lot of thought into its products. While they are more expensive, some HD dealers do put them on sale from time to time. Look for liners in the chaps; keeps your pants from riding up and out. You'll also want a pocket, minimum, for a place to keep your keys. Almost impossible to get to your front jean pockets with the chaps on. Have someone fit them to you. You'll want to make sure they don't "highwater". Choose a size to fit your leg, not your waist. Maybe loose enough for a hand to slip into the top flat against your leg. They make extenders to adjust for your waist. Although there are some that waist fit. Remember, fringe is for girls.

Old 11-27-2006 | 01:15 AM
myzen
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: dlstanf2

My reply to an earlier post, "New to Chaps".
Harley puts a lot of thought into its products.
The only thought they put into them is how much money is going into their products. Most of their apparel is made in China now. i will not buy any leather from them at all.

Sorry for the rant.

Old 11-27-2006 | 01:15 AM
DougsDyna
Banned

ORIGINAL: tb2377

foxcreekleather.com makes excellent leather products and a great company to deal with. I got my jacket and chaps from them. real thick and nice and soft and heavy.
I ordered a pair of lined gaunlet deerskin gloves from these folks off their website on a Thursday night, and they arrived UPS around noon on Frday (next day) Shipping was free!!!!

Good folks, and all products are crafted in the good ole USA. I would definitely check them out!!!

I think all their leathers (except gloves) have a lifetime warranty, and they will custom fit you at no extra charge.

Prices are very competetive.

DougJ

Quick Reply: Chaps