Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motor mount bad or good 10/11 Wide Glide owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 03:10 PM
pontiac69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Motor mount bad or good 10/11 Wide Glide owners

I thought i read some posts about dropped front motor mounts. 2010/2011 wide glide owners look at your front motor mount. Does it look like this. I thought there should be a gap between the rubber and the top plate. I have only 2500 miles on it.

Attached Thumbnails Motor mount bad or good 10/11 Wide Glide owners-100_0587.jpg   Motor mount bad or good 10/11 Wide Glide owners-100_0585.jpg  

Last edited by pontiac69; 10-10-2011 at 03:12 PM.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:25 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Yea that shouldn't be touching, especially that much. If you are getting extra vibes, there's a good chance that is your source. Here's the thread from my old vs new mount. You can tell the height difference. It was such a nice difference when I put the new one. I ended up putting the shims back in because it will help with stretching the rubbing out and making last a little longer hopefully.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...ms-smooth.html

Here's the shim thread.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...today-wow.html

Some have took the mount off and cut some of the rubber off, but it's only $100 for a new mount.

Last edited by JaronB; 10-10-2011 at 03:29 PM.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:30 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

I just went out and looked at mine and I have about a 1/16 gap, but no touching.

Old 10-10-2011, 04:44 PM
South Jersey Scooter Trash
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Pontiac just for the hell of did you contact the dealer and if you did what did they say just curious.

Old 10-10-2011, 08:19 PM
pontiac69
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks Jaron

Nj, I havent seen a dealer about it yet. I just noticed it today. I figured i would see what the forum has to say before seeing the stealership. I like to go in knowing more than them.

Old 10-11-2011, 04:13 AM
pheur
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pontiac69
I thought i read some posts about dropped front motor mounts. 2010/2011 wide glide owners look at your front motor mount. Does it look like this. I thought there should be a gap between the rubber and the top plate. I have only 2500 miles on it.
Hi,

Mine looks exactly like that, an -11 sold in Sweden. I have actually talked to the service guys about it, they just shoved me away and told me that they all look like that (they took a look at their other scoots on the floor I guess). Didn't matter that I refered to the service manual and that it says it should be a gap.

Old 10-11-2011, 06:56 AM
Tnbrit
Road Captain
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by pontiac69
Thanks Jaron

Nj, I havent seen a dealer about it yet. I just noticed it today. I figured i would see what the forum has to say before seeing the stealership. I like to go in knowing more than them.
I don't like to generalise,but if the service desk at your dealer is anything like my dealer,just being awake should be enough.

On a more serious note the Service Manager at my dealer seemed to take a really dim view of FORUM knowledge,& it really got his back up when i said i had read stuff on the forum,i suffered with vibrations on my last Dyna & it was never cured,i tried asking about the rubber on the mount touching the mount as you describe,his solution was to look at a couple of Dynas in the showroom & say the rubber was touching on those also.so it must be ok.
I'm not saying you'll run into the same attitude,but I might try a different tack about where I gained the knowledge.
Best of Luck & hope they sort it for you.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:50 AM
pontiac69
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Tnbrit
I don't like to generalise,but if the service desk at your dealer is anything like my dealer,just being awake should be enough.

On a more serious note the Service Manager at my dealer seemed to take a really dim view of FORUM knowledge,& it really got his back up when i said i had read stuff on the forum,i suffered with vibrations on my last Dyna & it was never cured,i tried asking about the rubber on the mount touching the mount as you describe,his solution was to look at a couple of Dynas in the showroom & say the rubber was touching on those also.so it must be ok.
I'm not saying you'll run into the same attitude,but I might try a different tack about where I gained the knowledge.
Best of Luck & hope they sort it for you.
I hear you on mentioning "i hear from people on a forum" tactic. Wouldnt be my approach. As i said i like to know from fellow members how there front motor mount looks. If most that answer here say theres touches then i wont worry bout it. If they say that shouldnt be that way and that the service manual says there should be a gap, then I go into the dealer with personal knowledge that there is something wrong. I know it wasent like this when got it.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:33 AM
O.F.
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

10,000 miles on mine and the upper casting is starting to crease the rubber.

Old 10-11-2011, 11:44 AM
pontiac69
Outstanding HDF Member

So just got back from the dealer and he didnt even need to look at it. He said this happens all the time and to just bring it in and they would replace it under warranty. He said it will probaly do it again one the new one settles. He said they also take it off and shave it down so that it has the proper clearance. He said if i go that direction i wont have to worry about it settling any more. I told him that i would come back later today when my wife gets out of work so she can pick me up.

Quick Reply: Motor mount bad or good 10/11 Wide Glide owners