Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not sure about my new seat???

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 07:32 PM
h2o
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks fine as is. Just don't get rid of your Mustang anytime soon. LOL I have a LaPera and I'm trying to find a used Mustang vintage to buy for longer trips. The Lepera is fine around town but I think it's giving hemorrhoids when I ride for extended periods. I know that's too much info but it's the truth.

Old 10-09-2011, 07:33 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

If I may, the stance of the seat is fine. Maybe the seat is just a little too plain for your bike.

Maybe a little fringe (or something) to match the guards coming off your fenders? Dress it up a little. I don't know.

Old 10-09-2011, 07:43 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Creole
@ bikerlaw - Questions on your front end, what size front rim you running and what brand springer and how many inch over is the springer? I was wanting to do the same.

seat looks fine

Creole~
Ok, bear with me when my answer sounds retarded. The front end is a Paughco +3 (3 over) wide Springer w/ the shock. Paughco measures like no one else does. Its comparable to the 23 inch length in most other brands, but they claim the 3 over is a 30 inch set of forks. So long story short, its 3 over. The rim is a 21 X 2.15 with a 90/90 Avon Venom tire.

edit: yeah, hemorrhoids I don't need. I'm keeping the Mustang for sure.
Not sure how to dress it up but I'm open to ideas from leather guys. Maybe a Choncho or two?

Last edited by bikerlaw; 10-09-2011 at 07:49 PM.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:31 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That seat looks proper as is...like its meant for that bike. I always thought your bike needed something and that seat was the ticket.

Old 10-09-2011, 08:54 PM
PsTaN
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seat looks fine. If you wanted it higher, skip the springs and use some solid spacers of some kind .... I know that's an easy project for a wrench like yourself. Bike looks great as always.

PsTaN

Old 10-10-2011, 12:21 AM
SteveO-ll
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At Home-Depot, or Lowes, you can get those 1"-2" rubber stopper things in the hardware section and try those to add just a touch of angle and bounce absorption to the seat.

If you'd like to try out a Harley seat let me know, I can send you my old one with the suction pillion pad to try out and see if that makes a difference in body lines and comfort.

Although, I highly suggest the old style seat pan (de-foamed Xbones seat), as there is a world of difference in riding comfort, like two hands holding your tush in place (known as a tush cush). LOL

Last edited by SteveO-ll; 10-10-2011 at 12:25 AM.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:47 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Looks good like you have it in the pics. Don't add the springs, they look funny on a bike with shocks.

Old 10-10-2011, 06:02 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

Thanks for all the compliments guys. Thats cool as hell!

Steveo, I have a pillion. Two actually. Both the bates chopper pillion and a suction cup left over from my Shovel. I tried them and neither added much to the style, and the wife would **** on them before she would sit on either. If she's riding, the mustang goes back on, lol. Your bike is what got me thinking about this seat. both of your solo's have the nice nostalgic look I wanted. But I have to say, after seeing your sig again, the tan tractor style does have a pretty cool look to it. Especially sitting up off the frame like you have it. Dang, just more to think about.

Old 10-10-2011, 06:10 AM
perryross
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks great as is, maybe a tad more padding.

Love those bullet rear turn lens.
I’m putting them on my ride later today.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/skatera...in/photostream

Last edited by perryross; 10-10-2011 at 06:13 AM.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:33 AM
superrooster2003
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looked great with the mustang to me but i guess your running out of options and had to do something huh.

Quick Reply: Not sure about my new seat???