Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

streetbob trees to fat bob trees

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 02:43 AM
Big Kev-O
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WS6: I can not understand why you would need spacers for the brake disk or caliper. FXDWG's don't have spacers (correct me if I'm wrong) so why would they be necessary. As far as I know the brake caliper and lower sliders are the same part for all 06 up Dynas including FXDWG. I did not use any spacers, my wheel is perfectly centered and my disk is in the center of the caliper.

Note: I bought my wheels from Black Bike and requested a Wide glide hub for a 2006, it may not be a OEM hub.

EDIT: ** I was incorrect, as WS6 has stated, wide glides have different lower sliders.** Thank you WS6.

Last edited by Big Kev-O; 12-22-2011 at 02:48 AM.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:34 AM
WS6 Formula
Stellar HDF Member
Received 249 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Kev-O
WS6: I can not understand why you would need spacers for the brake disk or caliper. FXDWG's don't have spacers (correct me if I'm wrong) so why would they be necessary. As far as I know the brake caliper and lower sliders are the same part for all 06 up Dynas including FXDWG. I did not use any spacers, my wheel is perfectly centered and my disk is in the center of the caliper.

Note: I bought my wheels from Black Bike and requested a Wide glide hub for a 2006, it may not be a OEM hub.
Using factory parts you either have to use a Wide Glide slider for the caliper mount or shim, as the Wide Glide slider caliper mount locates the caliper more inboard. I shimmed a little on the caliper and disc to center the disc in the caliper, later on I stumbled onto chrome front end kits on eBay for $99.00 shipped, so I ordered a Wide Glide kit = no more shims.

Originally Posted by WS6 Formula
Do you know what the part numbers are? I know all the Dyna's except the Wide Glide's left slider use the same sliders. The Wide Glide's left slider is a different part number, and the only difference is the inboard or outboard location of the caliper mounts. I don't know about the Fat Bob, but I would assume they would use an existing part off the shelf.

46608-06 all Dyna's except Wide Glide (left side)
46619-06 Wide Glide (left side)
46607-06 All Dyna's (right side)

Chrome Front End Kit - Dyna® Models

The front forks on a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle set the tone for the bike, and can lead the way to a full-bore custom statement. So start customizing by adding chrome where it will have the most noticeabScrew Kit, Chrome Front Wheel Spacers, Classic Chrome Front Axle Nut Cover Kit, and Chrome Upper Fork Nut Covers. Chrome Front End Package price does not include labor or supplies.

46876-08A

Fits '08-later Dyna® models (except FXDWG, FXDSE2, FXDF and FXDFSE/2).

MSRP US $524.95

46877-08A

Fits '08-later FXDWG models.

MSRP US $524.95

Old 12-21-2011, 03:58 AM
WS6 Formula
Stellar HDF Member
Received 249 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by crimson13
Ok one last question I have a Jireh rim that i was goin to use to get a 21 inch wheel on the narrow glide,Can I use this rim with a wide glide hub? That way I can use 120/70/21 tire.

If you have a 2011 Street Bob, then you have the Mid Glide front end. Wide Glide hub is too wide for the Mid Glide.

The Jireh rim must be wider to accept a 120/70/21 tire, probably over three inches, depending on tire manufacture.

Below, left to right.....49mm Wide Glide, Sportster Narrow Glide, 49mm Mid Glide.

Originally Posted by WS6 Formula
Here's more detail below:

[/color]

Before

After

Old 12-21-2011, 06:55 AM
crimson13
Elite HDF Member
Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

The jireh Rim I was gonna use on my mid glide street bob is 21X3.25 part number 30-50 I believe I was gonna lace to my stock street bob hub so I could go to a 21 inch tire, but since I plan on doing the wide glide switch , I was wondering if I could lace that rim to a wide glide hub , I will do some searching and let you know what I found out.
Thanks

Old 12-21-2011, 03:41 PM
06redneck
Cruiser

lacing a 21 on your stock street bob hub looks funny to me, it raises the front of the bike. the best thing you can do is buy the wide glide trees and 1" axle. your bike will sit correctly and ride right. trees and axle cost me right under 200 bucks. it was a fairly simple swap as well. heres the link for the part numbers i used

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...nd-prices.html

Old 12-22-2011, 02:46 AM
Big Kev-O
Advanced

Thanks for clearing that up WS6, you are a wealth of Dyna knowledge. People like you are what make this site so useful.

In my quest to a wide glide front I was told by the tech at harley that the lower sliders were the same on all Dynas, looks like he was wrong but some how it all worked out or at least I thought it did. I'm going to have to take a closer look at my bike, it all looks centered to the eye but an actual measurement might show some offset.

Update:Checked the bike and man did I get lucky. I bought 49mm lower sliders from ebay and had them powdercoated so I would not have any down time durring coating. They were listed as "Dyna 49mm lower sliders", turn out it's a FXDWG slider and I never knew. Thanks again.

Last edited by Big Kev-O; 12-22-2011 at 03:36 AM.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:21 AM
Tat2u
Road Warrior
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

I just telised that this is an old post...

anyway...

I Haven't read through all the posts but I have done it, posted a guide with pics, depending on which wheel you use you will need, trees and axle maybe axle spacers, maybe rotor spacer and will need fender spacer, I posted drawings of all spacers needed if keeping reusing street bob wheel

Last edited by Tat2u; 12-22-2011 at 03:36 AM.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:24 AM
Tat2u
Road Warrior
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

double post...

Last edited by Tat2u; 12-22-2011 at 03:34 AM.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:09 PM
Vins
Club Member

Originally Posted by Big Kev-O

EDIT: ** I was incorrect, as WS6 has stated, wide glides have different lower sliders.** Thank you WS6.
HD was nice enough to make most of the lowers just different enough. Don't know the difference between the WG and St Bob, but know the Fat Bob is set up for dual disc and the fender mounting holes are different. Did the fat tire on my SB and had to drill holes in the FB fender I bought. Have to have the front wheel relaced, as it sits off center. Doesn't affect the ride, so not too worried about it. Wheel came off an FL or Heritage.

Old 01-01-2012, 10:26 PM
Vins
Club Member

Originally Posted by crimson13
The jireh Rim I was gonna use on my mid glide street bob is 21X3.25 part number 30-50 I believe I was gonna lace to my stock street bob hub so I could go to a 21 inch tire, but since I plan on doing the wide glide switch , I was wondering if I could lace that rim to a wide glide hub , I will do some searching and let you know what I found out.
Thanks
Yes. You can save a little if you're building your own wheels. Post after yours said something about the tire sitting too high if you did this?? It's a 21 in tire and the hub sits in the middle, so don't know what he means. All you need is the right spoke length and you're there. No differnet that a WG tire. You'll probably find all the hubs are the same across the models(year dependant). I bought a wide spoke wheel off e-bay and it has a cover on one side you can remove and set up for dual discs.

Quick Reply: streetbob trees to fat bob trees