Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Others experience rear 2pc exhaust bracket breaking?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 03:02 PM
dynabobster
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Others experience rear 2pc exhaust bracket breaking?

I found the 2 piece chrome bracket that clamps to the rear header pipe broken, anyone else experience this. i see where the trans bracket stud breaks or comes loose, but not where the bracket breaks. It also appears to have been broken for some time from the underside as it wore some grooves into the trans bracket and I look my bike over pretty good all the time, but I missed this one. Nothing jumps out at me on a cause other than just fatigue over time, thoughts?

Since I am here, I know a lot of you have swapped out your exhausts, does anyone have one of these OEM clamps lying around they want to get rid of or have no use for. I see a lot of full exhausts for sale, but no individual parts really. I posted in the WTB, but that gets bumped to the bottom pretty quick since it is not bike specific. Pic of the bracket I am talking about below
Thanks

Attached Images