Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Choice between solo seats. HD's Brawler or Corbin's Hollywood?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 05:34 PM
Chicago Ken
Road Warrior
Received 347 Likes on 160 Posts
Default Choice between solo seats. HD's Brawler or Corbin's Hollywood?

Looking for a solo seat, which is the better for comfort?
I'm looking at Corbins Hollywood, H-D's Brawler and maybe H-D's Sun-Downer.

Like the look of the Corbin Hollywood but would love the comfort of the Sun-Downer. I hear people who own Corbins really love them. At this point I'm sold on the Corbin for looks but don't want to be sorry latter on.

Old 10-01-2011, 05:43 PM
Robert Le Gras
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It boils down to how you define "comfort." Some like soft and springy seats, that defines comfort for them. I however find comfort as firm support. A soft seat such as my original HD seat or the Mustang Wide Vintage I tried cause me discomfort after an hour or so of use. I have two Corbin seats, a Dual Tour, and a Classic Solo, and they are perfect for me, I can put over twelve hours a day in the saddle with either of these seats.

So if you like soft, pillowy seats, don't go with Corbin, they never get soft, they stay firm and supportive.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:05 PM
Chicago Ken
Road Warrior

Thanks,
I'm looking for something soft and cushie in my old age. I want a solo seat that is softer than the 2-up stocker that came with the Fat Bob. I like the seating postion but cushion & looks wise the stock seat is isn't getting it. After three hours my bum has enough.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:22 PM
BlueBobber07
Advanced

I changed from my stock solo Streetbob seat to a Corbin hollywood solo. The Corbin is great can't even compare it to the stock seat. After 1 hour of riding with the stock seat my rear was crying for help, with the corbin I stop because I want to not because I need to.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:33 PM
stewbeezer
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm an older rider and I disliked the stock seat on my Superglide. I own four Corbins and love them all, Hollywood Solo, Classic Solo (heated) with the Pillion, Dual Tour (heated), and Gambler. They are very comfortable even though they are firm. I haven't tried the other ones you are looking at so I can't give you a comparison.

Old 10-01-2011, 08:12 PM
Robert Le Gras
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Chicago Ken
Thanks,
I'm looking for something soft and cushie in my old age. I want a solo seat that is softer than the 2-up stocker that came with the Fat Bob. I like the seating postion but cushion & looks wise the stock seat is isn't getting it. After three hours my bum has enough.
I hear ya. My stock Fat Bob seat is sitting in a box for the same reason. Only at least in my case it was because the seat was TOO soft. Maybe in yours too? How is your favorite chair at home or work, soft?

Old 10-01-2011, 08:37 PM
Willy723
Tourer

I really liked the improvement in comfort from my Mustang seat, have the solo with pillion, went from my stock FXDL seat to the stock FXD solo was a bad move to the mustang which was a great move. the first time I used it was on a 2 hour ride, after 10 minutes of being off the bike my *** forgot that I was on it.

Old 10-01-2011, 08:44 PM
Chicago Ken
Road Warrior

I like soft and plush. Rode some stock touring bikes acouple of weeks ago and liked them. I was on a Road-King, Hertiage, and Ultra-Glide. I Like the Ultra seat the best. it was like sitting on a really soft couch. Not ready to make the ARRP-Glide scene yet even though I'm a member!

I like the Hot-Rod aspect of the Fat Bob. I love everything about the bike and the stock seat is OK for short rides. All my friends that I ride with go nonstop for three hours one way. I feel like a debutant at the prison ball after a six hour round-trip ride with the club.

Last edited by Chicago Ken; 10-01-2011 at 09:35 PM.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:28 PM
Skid Lid
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you want soft and cushey buy Mustang Solo.

Last edited by Skid Lid; 03-10-2012 at 11:10 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:51 AM
LarryLives
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueBobber07
I changed from my stock solo Streetbob seat to a Corbin hollywood solo. The Corbin is great can't even compare it to the stock seat. After 1 hour of riding with the stock seat my rear was crying for help, with the corbin I stop because I want to not because I need to.
I agree!
Altho for me 30 minutes in the HD seat and I was hurtin!
I have 2 bad discs (L5 & L7) my back is pretty bad, with the Corbin I can ride all day!!!
And the room I have with the corbin is amazing!
I love it!

Quick Reply: Choice between solo seats. HD's Brawler or Corbin's Hollywood?