Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What causes fast blinking turn signals?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 11:16 PM
clicker01
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by River_123
Intermittant bad ground would be my guess.
Under the circumstances, this gets my vote too. Electricity follows the path of least resistance. A bad (intermittent) ground causes the turn signal electrical to use the bulb filament as a ground and a fast flash is the result.

Old 10-01-2011, 01:51 AM
Bop49
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeh I thought it was the CV brake module gone bad. Took it out and it still does it back to stock lights. Worked fine for months till yesterday. I just put in new bulbs with no change. These new bikes do not have a turn signal relay. Its all controlled by the turn signal module. It must be going bad.

Old 10-01-2011, 02:47 AM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by j1mmy
fast flash is caused by not enough power draw, blown bulb or too small of a bulb-led..could also be from a bad controller or flasher unit..if all the lights work,dont worry about it..there is no legal flash speed
I've never heard of one either. However, back in 1975 my new wife was driving my Corvette and got pulled over for having too fast of blinkers. The cop was surprised to see her driving my car, instead of me, as he knew her from a few years earlier when she was a police cadet.

He mentioned that there were 17 Corvettes in the town (at that time) and they had pulled over every one of them accept mine. The cop let her go.

I installed a heavy duty flasher after that experience, but I can see that if a cop wants to pull you over, they will do it for any reason that they can think of.

That experience still "haunts" me today. Cops back then hated Corvette owners and today some hate Harley riders, it's sort of an envy thing as far as I can tell.

Anyway, it's best to keep your bike as close to factory appearing as you can. Keep those blinkers blinking at the right cadence and keep those pipes quiet. I know that if I got pulled over on my bike, despite having a quiet exhaust and whatever, if determined, a cop could still find me breaking some law. I'm probably running some illegal upgrades. I just try not to draw attention to myself.