Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about a new Street Bob

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 12:45 PM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,301 Likes on 781 Posts
Default Thinking about a new Street Bob

You all may think I'm nuts but I'm actually thinking about selling my 11 Ultra Limited and getting a Street Bob. My wife and I thought we were really going to do do the touring thing but that's just not happening. We find ourselves doing more short rides than anything. I also find myself not riding this big heavy bike as much as I did my other smaller bikes so I think it's time to get something I will ride. We sold our 06 Yamaha Roadliner and her 05 Sportster to get this thing. It just doesn't do it for me. So to the point, how do you guys like your Street Bob's? I think forward controls are a must and a windshield but other than that I like the solo look. I also think my wife misses riding her own bike so I think we will look for her another Sportster. Any insight would be appreciated.

Old 09-23-2011, 12:51 PM
Robbie13
LOSER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I love mine as I am sure others will tell you. Wouldn't trade it for anything else.

Old 09-23-2011, 12:52 PM
LarryLives
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

dynas are awesome

Old 09-23-2011, 01:15 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I don't think you're nuts at all. I already have a car so no need for an Ultra and I love my Street Bob.

Old 09-23-2011, 01:21 PM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,301 Likes on 781 Posts

Great looking bikes guys. I really like the Street Bob. Sure doesn't make sense having a $25k bike sitting in the garage when I don't enjoy riding it. I think I will be much happier with the Dyna.

Old 09-23-2011, 01:33 PM
djack
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i love my bob, its the best thing i ever bought, someday i may get a streetglide or an fld, but i will always have the bob

Old 09-23-2011, 01:59 PM
Fastfwd
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I do plenty of ‘touring’ on my Street Bob….you wouldn’t think that a solo rack could hold as much as it will, but I pull it off and have nary a mark on my denim paint to show for it. Closing in on 35k miles in three years. Good times!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3446529...7626430352479/

Old 09-23-2011, 02:02 PM
refuzeandrezizt
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I traded my 08 EG for the Bob, and I am glad I did. I am actually more comfortable on this bike, than I ever was on the Glide. With the right setup, it can be the best of both worlds. If you ain't happy, I say DO IT!!

Old 09-23-2011, 02:45 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Love my street bob! I don't think I'd ever trade it.

Old 09-23-2011, 03:42 PM
Gamble Gold
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love mine.

Originally Posted by KCFLHTK
I think forward controls are a must and a windshield …
I have the mids. I couldn't use the regular forwards (too far forward for me). I see they have reduced reach forwards now, but I won't be getting them; now I've got used to the mids (only ever had forwards before), I find that I like them.

I tried the QD compact windshield, but the head buffeting was terrible. A friend suggest making brackets to move the bottom of the screen ¾" forward. I did this, and it helped a bit. I then swapped the w/s plastic fo a wider one (Memphos Shades replacement plastic to fit H-D hardware); this was quite a bit better. It does make the front of the bike lighter though; you kind of feel that a wobble isn't far away (at highway speeds). At the moment I'm leaving the w/s off, and really liking it.

Here's a pic:

Here's the original screen:

and with the wider plasitc:

on my old Bob.

Quick Reply: Thinking about a new Street Bob