Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

International version???

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 09:27 AM
Ventana
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default International version???

In a thread about horn relocation someone posted this...

Originally Posted by Foxster
Did the exact same thing just after getting my new Fat Bob. Really didn't like that big bling horn cover rattling about like it was going to fall off.

The threaded hole on the back of the battery box is where the motor for the active exhaust mounts on some international models.
I looked under there on my 2004 SG Sport and there is something already installed there. It kind of looks like a horn bell. I bought the bike used and it came with the factory alarm and the pager thing but the pager doesn't work as i think the original owner didn't give the dealer the remote. I thought it was part of the alarm.

Is there a way I can find out if my bike is an international version... and if it is, does it matter?

Old 09-22-2011, 09:30 AM
USMAMule
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would say the easiest thing is HDs made for sale origin in the US have VINs that begin with the number 1. If your VIN begins w/ the number 1 it is a US version. If not - international.

USMAMule

Old 09-22-2011, 09:49 AM
Ventana
Cruiser

Yep, starts with "1", thanks.

Now to find out what that horn looking thing is. I took a quick look at it and it has a wire that runs somewhere under the seat. Originally I thought it was the alarm horn until I started to look around and saw that the horns used by the alarms look like solid state alarms. Hopfuly over the winter I can sort this out. I wanted to order the the remote for the pager and try to get it working again but it's not high up on my list of things to buy, lol.

Old 09-22-2011, 09:49 AM
Ventana
Cruiser

Yep, starts with "1", thanks.

Now to find out what that horn looking thing is. I took a quick look at it and it has a wire that runs somewhere under the seat. Originally I thought it was the alarm horn until I started to look around and saw that the horns used by the alarms look like solid state alarms. Hopefully over the winter I can sort this out. I wanted to order the the remote for the pager and try to get it working again but it's not high up on my list of things to buy, lol.