Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it my bars?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 07:05 PM
gartec81
Grand HDF Member
Received 862 Likes on 380 Posts

get loanerindustries 6" risers and put some z bars or drag bar on it.

I just did this and holy crap is it comfy. going to get the quarter fairing next and then I am in buisness.

I too have bad back pain and this is the most comfy set up I have ever ridden. I just bought some sportster 48 bars from ebay and going to try those with the loaner riser set up.

Old 09-19-2011, 07:46 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by gartec81
get loanerindustries 6" risers and put some z bars or drag bar on it.

most likely - he can't because the SB's fixed bar mounts and this is likely at least part of the problem from what I have read on the subject - the fixed mount doesn't dampen the vibration one little bit. Up till I got my FXDC I had always ridden sport bikes too, its what feels natural to me, if I could find a way I would install rearsets on my Dyna. I did find out real quick that the stock bars and seat weren't for me. First thing to go was the horrible stock seat that kept pushing me forward and needing things "adjusted" - I went with the HD touring seat for my comfort and her's, it increased the seat height several inches - next up was a set of OEM Lowrider bars, these two changes made a world of difference. It went from a bike I wanted off of after an hour to one I could ride all day, at 5'9" tall it put me leaning forward slightly and with my FF helmet I can comfortable ride 70-75 whereas before anything more than 60 was a real chore. I eventually changed to Fat Boy Lo bars to wire internally but they are pretty similar to the LR bars I took off. Only way to know what is right for you is try different things until you find what works.

Low rider bars

Fat Bo Lo bars and risers

Old 09-19-2011, 08:11 PM
sask1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try the T-Bag handle bar bag, there are 2 sizes, at least you can carry something, like gloves, hat, clothes, something. J&P cycles....TBag small switchback pt# 830-566 $ 79.99, Switchback pt# 830-239 $93.99, Kury custom roll pt# 830-576 $109.99, Kury grand roll bag pt# 830-707 $ 119.99. Hope that helps.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:37 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Just try sticking your arm out of a car window at speed ,im sure youve done that right? aanyway i know its a shock to feel that kind of pull against your body ,but that is the reality,shield for long or cold riding, no shield for short trips or around town,....ya know

Old 09-20-2011, 08:02 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

it is not the bars.... it is a weak core(your abs and back). Not meant to offend, just sayin your core holds ya up...strong core and the wind is irrelevant.

Last edited by rounder; 09-20-2011 at 08:07 AM.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:37 AM
MotoSoul11
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rounder
it is not the bars.... it is a weak core(your abs and back). Not meant to offend, just sayin your core holds ya up...strong core and the wind is irrelevant.
Core muscles are plenty strong but the nerves in my back are wasted from a car accident.

Old 09-25-2011, 09:45 AM
midcitysaint
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rounder
If you ride any length of time (200 or more miles) you could have the core strength of Floyd Mayweather and you'd still be exhausted. If your bar hoppin around town that's different.

Old 09-25-2011, 11:33 AM
Dirknar
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know what you mean.. I just came off sport-bikes last summer and getting used to the wind pulling me off and spreading my legs out on the harley, took a lot of miles to get used to. My first harley was a 97' sportster, that I put 14" road 6 custom apes and forward controls on. Now I have a bone stock 02' low-rider that has lower, almost buckhorn style bars and a 4" pulback riser that is actually pretty comfy but looks kinda lame IMO, but I still get pretty worn out and need a break after 100 miles or so.. I cant decide if I want to go apes again..

S.O.A. aside, T-bars look pretty damn cool IMO.. lol NICE bike ROUNDER..

Try a fly screen? or a bedroll?

Last edited by Dirknar; 09-25-2011 at 11:44 AM.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:58 AM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirknar
I know what you mean.. I just came off sport-bikes last summer and getting used to the wind pulling me off and spreading my legs out on the harley, took a lot of miles to get used to. My first harley was a 97' sportster, that I put 14" road 6 custom apes and forward controls on. Now I have a bone stock 02' low-rider that has lower, almost buckhorn style bars and a 4" pulback riser that is actually pretty comfy but looks kinda lame IMO, but I still get pretty worn out and need a break after 100 miles or so.. I cant decide if I want to go apes again..

S.O.A. aside, T-bars look pretty damn cool IMO.. lol NICE bike ROUNDER..

Try a fly screen? or a bedroll?
Put some low rise bars on, a cafe bar to you...........it will feel just like home. These are late model low rider bars on stock Super Glide Custom risers - about 1.8" high. Went from the buckhorns to these and didn't have to fight the wind like before.

Old 09-25-2011, 12:19 PM
Dirknar
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry for slight hijack Motosoul.. Have you considered the MX-T bars?

Thanks p51, Ya I thought that too, I might go that route..?? I bought the LR in June of this year and I decided to just ride it the way it was this season.. Ive only put around 3200 miles on so far..

This winter, things are gonna change on the bike.. I have a 49mm front end and fender so far, from an 06' street bob that Im going to be putting on it. I still need a mid glide hub/wheel/axle/headlight. I might do a 16" wheel with a fat front tire up front?? And of course I still need to decide what kind of bars and risers to do.. I might do a mild black out and I would love a new pipe as well.. here is the bike.

Last edited by Dirknar; 09-25-2011 at 12:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Is it my bars?