Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which part is this?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 12:57 PM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Which part is this?

I know this is a light bar from a touring model, does anyone know which model it's from? I'm looking to clean up the rear of my Street Bob and i think this looks pretty decent. I've searched around for "FL light bar" and "touring light bar" and not much coming back. Thanks!

Old 09-18-2011, 01:18 PM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus

Received 876 Likes on 584 Posts

Originally Posted by emerican19
I know this is a light bar from a touring model, does anyone know which model it's from? I'm looking to clean up the rear of my Street Bob and i think this looks pretty decent. I've searched around for "FL light bar" and "touring light bar" and not much coming back. Thanks!

Click the link to find an auction for this Harley Davidson Deluxe Road King Rear Turn Signals Bar 68508-04

Old 09-18-2011, 01:19 PM
iDodgimus
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, that's my bike

It's not from any model in particular, it's an HD aftermarket piece. Its the bullet style... Take a look through the accessories catalog or online and you'll find it pretty quick

Old 09-18-2011, 01:27 PM
iDodgimus
Road Master

Here's the part no:
H-D Bullet Rear Turn Signal Bar Kit 68615-04

That eBay one looks identical, it's takes a little modding to fit but worth the small amount of effort...

Old 09-18-2011, 01:27 PM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by iDodgimus
Hey, that's my bike

It's not from any model in particular, it's an HD aftermarket piece. Its the bullet style... Take a look through the accessories catalog or online and you'll find it pretty quick
Ha funny, i found that in a thread somewhere a while back and saved the pic. How did you mount that on there by the way? Some sort of custom job?

Old 09-18-2011, 03:08 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by iDodgimus
Here's the part no:
H-D Bullet Rear Turn Signal Bar Kit 68615-04

That eBay one looks identical, it's takes a little modding to fit but worth the small amount of effort...

Can you post details and or photos of how you did yours?

Old 09-18-2011, 03:43 PM
iDodgimus
Road Master

No photos, but it's pretty straight forward - you gotta take your time to get it right tho. Took me a couple hours and I'd never used a grinder before so if you or a buddy is handy with tools it should take you 1/2 that!!

I used an angle grinder to grind down the top corners of the back of the bracket so it sits flush with the fender. When its on, from the top it look like a door handle! I only ground down a couple of mm each side just to make it sit flush where the bolt holes are. Lots of grind and check, grind and check...

Drilled four holes in the fender, 2 for the bolts and two for the wires... The bolts will go through at an angle (they'll point towards the outside) so make them a little wider than you'd think. I put a couple rubber grommets in the holes for the wires to prevent any wear from the fender. I didnt use the bolts that came with it, the flanges were too large for a good fit on the rounded fender, instead my bud found a the same size bolt with a smaller head and we used a lock washer to keep it snug.

I didnt splice or solder anything, instead I removed the plugs properly - check your manual or do a search (there's videos showing how to it)

Oh, i put some clear nail varnish on the ground parts to stop the chrome flaking and used a couple rubber washers so that the ground surface didn't rub up against the fender.

Do a search, theres more descriptions of the same thing installation

Go slow, check often and good luck!

Old 09-18-2011, 05:50 PM
Wireguided
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is from a couple different models but .
A few of us did these 2 or 3 years ago..
Here is a link to how i did it..

>>>>LINK<<<<

and a pic......