Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ohlins review

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 03:52 PM
jaydoss
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ohlins review

Recieved my #4~#1 ohlins shocks from Howard at motorcyclemetal.com and I am happy I made the call to Howard. He knows everything there is about shocks. I gave him a call and let him know what I was looking for and he pointed me in the right direction. Could not be any happier. Howard was great to work with and talk to. Made my second call to him and he was sitting in front of the Ohlins factory at 5:00 o'clock and when I made my order he went back inside and built them on the spot. Thanks again Howard!!! Just want to say they make one hell of a difference on the back end. Only thing now is they show me how bad off the front end is.... Howard also told me they get better in time. The only thing I need to do now is get the sag set on them.. Here's a few pics. Also some new paint on a few things and my new LED light.

Attached Thumbnails Ohlins review-100_1105.jpg   Ohlins review-100_1101.jpg   Ohlins review-100_1104.jpg   Ohlins review-100_1109.jpg   Ohlins review-100_1106.jpg  

Old 09-16-2011, 03:59 PM
2011Deluxe
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Glad that you are happy with them. Personally I couldn't deal with yellow.

Old 09-16-2011, 04:29 PM
jaydoss
Advanced

A couple more pics...

Attached Thumbnails Ohlins review-100_1113.jpg   Ohlins review-100_1102.jpg  
Old 09-16-2011, 05:29 PM
GREENOHAWK69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 562 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by thegrants82
Glad that you are happy with them. Personally I couldn't deal with yellow.
You can always get them chromed as I have done.

Attached Thumbnails Ohlins review-dscn0738edit.jpg  
Old 09-16-2011, 05:37 PM
jaydoss
Advanced

Originally Posted by GREENOHAWK69
You can always get them chromed as I have done.
Thats bad A$$... But I do like the contrast of the yellow. Different

Old 09-16-2011, 06:56 PM
karlelvis
Novice

That headlight kind of rules, Jaydoss! Where'd you get that?

Old 09-16-2011, 06:59 PM
Moondognyc
Tourer

Great shock but more suited to Triumphs...

Old 09-16-2011, 08:49 PM
jaydoss
Advanced

Originally Posted by karlelvis
That headlight kind of rules, Jaydoss! Where'd you get that?
LED comes from Harley, part #67700043A. Works like a charm at night. Bright as hell....

Old 09-16-2011, 09:58 PM
JimmysFXDC
Road Master

Originally Posted by Moondognyc
Great shock but more suited to Triumphs...
High quality performing shocks don't care what they're on. Stock sucks and Ohlins rock! Ride a Harley with them on, and you'll understand.

Old 09-16-2011, 10:12 PM
JimmysFXDC
Road Master

Originally Posted by jaydoss
Recieved my #4~#1 ohlins shocks from Howard at motorcyclemetal.com and I am happy I made the call to Howard. He knows everything there is about shocks. I gave him a call and let him know what I was looking for and he pointed me in the right direction. Could not be any happier. Howard was great to work with and talk to. Made my second call to him and he was sitting in front of the Ohlins factory at 5:00 o'clock and when I made my order he went back inside and built them on the spot. Thanks again Howard!!! Just want to say they make one hell of a difference on the back end. Only thing now is they show me how bad off the front end is.... Howard also told me they get better in time. The only thing I need to do now is get the sag set on them.. Here's a few pics. Also some new paint on a few things and my new LED light.
I started out with the same ones you have, until I got hit. With the insurance money, I upgraded to the #5-2's. When I called Howard after the accident, we talked about my options. One was a "bastardized" version for yours, but it was onle a little bit more for me to uprade to mine. I belive he was at the factory looking for the parts for the "bastardized" version for mine when you called him. Couldn't be happier with Howard and Ohlins! The hydraulic preload adjustment already came in handy when I took a date for a ride last weeked. Turn the **** on each side and BAM, preload adjusted!!!!

Jaydoss, I'm also wondering if you've concidered a Sputhe or True-Track? I had the familliar wallow on the rear in high speed sweepers until I put the Ohlins on. Wallow was gone, no need to spend the extra $300!

Quick Reply: Ohlins review