Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ohlins review

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 06:56 AM
jaydoss
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JimmysFXDC
I started out with the same ones you have, until I got hit. With the insurance money, I upgraded to the #5-2's. When I called Howard after the accident, we talked about my options. One was a "bastardized" version for yours, but it was onle a little bit more for me to uprade to mine. I belive he was at the factory looking for the parts for the "bastardized" version for mine when you called him. Couldn't be happier with Howard and Ohlins! The hydraulic preload adjustment already came in handy when I took a date for a ride last weeked. Turn the **** on each side and BAM, preload adjusted!!!!

Jaydoss, I'm also wondering if you've concidered a Sputhe or True-Track? I had the familliar wallow on the rear in high speed sweepers until I put the Ohlins on. Wallow was gone, no need to spend the extra $300!
I have not looked into either yet... How do you like the Ricor intiminatots? Where you able to notice a difference in the front end?

Old 09-17-2011, 10:49 AM
bucket13
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by jaydoss
I have not looked into either yet... How do you like the Ricor intiminatots? Where you able to notice a difference in the front end?
Call Howard and get yourself some of those Ohlins drop in Front cartridges. I had Howard build me a front end (using Fat Bob lowers) with the Ohlins drop ins - going to upgrade to dual disc over the winter!

Last edited by bucket13; 09-17-2011 at 10:53 AM.
Old 09-17-2011, 02:12 PM
man4mopar
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JimmysFXDC

Jaydoss, I'm also wondering if you've concidered a Sputhe or True-Track? I had the familliar wallow on the rear in high speed sweepers until I put the Ohlins on. Wallow was gone, no need to spend the extra $300!
I don't doubt the Ohlins style of shock mount (solid) helps locate the rear and firm it up. I bet Howard would agree that having something other then the shocks keeping that rear in check like a sputhe or true trac will assist in keeping those very nice/expensive shocks lasting a long life.

Just something to think about. Solid mounted shock, has a moving piston/shaft in a cylinder. With it assisting in locating the rear end there are side loads on the piston/shaft to cylinder wall. If one had the top and lower mounts located and staying aligned through travel the shock would have one job and that is dapening.

OE shocks get away with it due to the rubber bushing mount. Again not saying you need a sputhe, true trac or other device, just something to think over.

Cheers

Old 09-17-2011, 03:41 PM
JimmysFXDC
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jaydoss
Just a band-aid until I get the coin together for the drop-in cartriges.