Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

got my bike, but ...sigh

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 07:15 AM
SecretSquirell
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm over here in the "Stan too. Glad to hear you are recovering. Just remember, it could have been worse. You could have been hurt too bad to ever ride again.

I just got hit with 2 IED within 4 days of each other less than a week ago. The first one was only enough to ring my ears and pepper me with rocks (I was dismounted when it went off). The second one I hit with my truck. Completely ripped the mineroller off and damaged the truck some. I banged my head around a bit and one of the first things I was concerned about was my riding ability.

Seeing things the way we do now makes each day that much better. After seeing the size of the hole it left in the ground (and considering I found parts of my truck over 100 meters away), I am grateful that I wasn't dismounted.

Godspeed, brother and here's to a full recovery.

I am still on rest, but will be going home in a few days for r&r. Gonna have to take it easy when I get home, cause I don't know how it will have affected my coordination.

Old 09-17-2011, 08:48 AM
jack0890
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Got my bike but...

Just wanted to tell you hope you get well soon and hang in there. Patience really is a virtue when it comes to laying around the house trying to heal. And thank you for your continued service. I'm retired now, but I appreciate those who are still serving and pray for their safe return each and every day. Thank you for your sacrifice. Godspeed and safe riding...when the time is right.

Old 09-17-2011, 08:54 AM
jamman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

speedy recovery sir.. see you on the road soon..

Old 09-17-2011, 09:36 AM
fattybob
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AussieTX
Hey guys,
as some of you are aware, several weeks back i was medevaced from afghanistan.
I am currently at BAMC in San Antonio, Anyway, last weekend i went home for the first time and had my street bob delivered, i was extatic about it, read up on the manual a little bit and spent a long time just admiring it. well i went to ride it, but i guess that wasn't the plan for me.
Suffered a TBI and don't have all my coordination back so i wasn't able to shift gears. Guess it'll be a little longer before i get to ride her.
Just felt like expressing my gratitude to you for your service and sacrifice. I hope you recover quickly from your injuries and get to ride soon.

Old 09-17-2011, 10:16 AM
tscreener
Tourer

rest up get ready for next season, going through a back thing myself.
cant thank you enough for your service, former 3rd ID myself.

Old 09-17-2011, 03:39 PM
sheaheeney
Cruiser

Good luck. Take your time healing. I think taking the class every ten years or so is a good idea anyway. Thank you for your service.

Old 09-17-2011, 03:44 PM
virginia_06ultra
Intermediate

Thank you for your selfless service to the country. We all wish you a speedy recovery and many safe miles on the new scooter.

Old 09-17-2011, 05:06 PM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus
Veteran: Army
Received 876 Likes on 584 Posts

I hope you will have a speedy recovery and many safe miles riding your bike.

Thank you for your service!

Old 09-17-2011, 07:01 PM
SteveDyna
Intermediate
Default H.o.g.

Originally Posted by AussieTX
thanks guys
the docs have said that it'll basiclly be just like learning to ride again, so i may go off and do another MSF course to get used to it.
I got all this stuff laying in my garage waiting to be put on the bike (pipes, ac, handlebars) BUT I CAN'T EVEN RIDE THE THING YET! ARGH!
oh well, life's a bitch.
Send a note to the local H.O.G. chapter and I'm sure they'd be honored to help a veteran and put the parts on for you. Hell, I'd do it if I lived anywhere near you! Good luck, listen to your body and mind, dont rush, you have lots of life left to live

Old 09-17-2011, 07:10 PM
Shovelhed
Tourer

Thanks for serving...

Quick Reply: got my bike, but ...sigh