Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

got my bike, but ...sigh

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 01:46 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Aussie, Glad you made it home. Let me know if you need any help installing parts on the bike. I also have a friend thats a factory trained PHD harley mechanic if you wanted to do heavy duty engine mods.

I also think taking the beginners course over would be a good idea. If you were to drop their bike, no big deal. Don't hesitate to give me a call if you need anything.
E-mail me and I'll give you my phone number. I would like to visit you sometime while your in the SA house.

E-mail is dinopist@sbcglobal.net
Take it slow, and when your ready, we have a group that wants to ride with you.

Welcome home

Old 09-16-2011, 02:01 PM
inaroush
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best wishes - speedy recovery. Dont rush getting into the saddle, it'll be waiting for you!

Old 09-16-2011, 02:27 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I would not say it is like learning to ride again, It just takes time for your body to recover. Rest up. I am better than I ever was now 6 years later. I was in a coma for 9 days and had to relearn everything as my muscles atrophied. 5 weeks in the hospital and being wheeled around in a wheel chair. My brain could not regulate my bod7y temperature as it should, or my sugar levels or everything. Every time I ate I got a huge shot of Heparin in the stomach. It took me 4.5 weeks to be able to use the restroom like a normal human. Boy,life is good today.

Drew

Old 09-16-2011, 03:06 PM
Norrl
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I, for one, am glad that you made it back alive. I'm a chief hospital corpsman in the US Navy as well as a surgical assistant. I've been to Germany and Afghanistan taking care of wounded warriors. DO NOT try to rush your recovery. Let it happen at it's own pace and you will be fine... I hope to meet you on the road some day.

Old 09-16-2011, 03:32 PM
gotwages
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck boss on your recovery. You will be riding soon enough, patience is a virtue.

Old 09-16-2011, 04:00 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

My wife had to force me to rest as all I wanted to do was be active. I rented a LOT of DVD's and spent all day in bed for months. I hated it.

Drew

Old 09-16-2011, 07:26 PM
tonygret
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a SAH (Brain hemorrhage) last year. I could not even drive a car for months never mind a motorcycle. It took a while but now I am back riding every weekend. Give it time and don't rush it. The first time I got back on the bike I went with a buddy who was willing to just put around and never get to far from the house. I did this several times until I got my coordination and confidence back. I still have some issues, but it doesn't stop me any more. Good luck and thank you for your service!

Old 09-16-2011, 07:38 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Stroked out at 25, bad reaction to cold medicine believe it or not, cold meds and playing 4 hours basket ball dont mix, took me 6 mos to get back full, but was young and in shape just out of Army. Son had two TBI's from IEDs in Bakuba10 days apart, this was 2006, he is just back to normal on reaction this year in my estimation. Take your time but stay as active as possible, get your coordination back by staying active and doing puzzles and such. Listen to the PT people.

Old 09-16-2011, 07:52 PM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Good luck with your healing. be stubborn and dont give up. you have a lot to be grateful for.

Old 09-17-2011, 02:39 AM
==ShaDoW==
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lost me left leg a while back (ten years ago) anyway long story short if you love riding it will set you free i must admit with the wife and kids etc these days I often fel the best when riding my bike weather its down tot he gas station for gas or out on a ride, give it time life always goes on you just have to wait,

been there done that and had some pretty dark days in between but i have to say coming out the other side makes it all worth it,

Quick Reply: got my bike, but ...sigh