Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DYI Paint Job: Should I or Shouldn't I?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 08:25 PM
toyrider
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: DYI Paint Job: Should I or Shouldn't I?

Lacquer is ok, but it's cheap. If you make a mistake, start from scratch. I personally wouldn't use it and I have sprayed both and the skill level to apply is the same. The two part is easier to mix for the novice and will give you the deep wet look that you will want. If I sprayed two tanks the same color, and used the different 2 part and lacquer, you would notice the diff.

As far as tools, well you get what you pay for, but a Devilbiss is what I recommend. Below is a link to Ebay on a great kit for $299. Once done, who says you can't resell it ??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DeVIL...QQcmdZViewItem

ORIGINAL: Z

puddle jumper: Damn, that article desscribes a method I might be able to pull-off in my sister's garage. I don't think I could pull-off the tradional air-compressor-and-spray-gun method in her garage, but the method in this article might work. ! I think I could fabricate a spray booth in there from plastic sheeting and 2x4 framing, and build in some sort of ventilation system (in addition to a proper mask).

Here's the link to the exact article: http://www.chuckhawks.com/harley_paintin.htm

Do those of you with experience think this is worth considering? I'd be cool with getting a "real good" result (rather than a perfect one), but I'm not cool with a result that will look like crap in a year or two.

Z