Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tail light out, so maybe I upgrade to LED

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 04:24 AM
MIKEKIM
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default tail light out, so maybe I upgrade to LED

Well, this morning I went to ride the Wide Glide into work and noticed that one of my running/brake/turn lights is out. Only the running seems to be out as the brake works and the turn signal works but with these idiot cagers and logging trucks around here, I decided not to chance it at 04:30hrs in the morning.

I was thinking of maybe upgrading to LED's. I have been thinking about this for a while now and the only reason I would want to do it is purely for safety. However, as I research this more and more, it seems I would need the LED lights, along with a run/turn/ brake light kit, along with a load equalizer and take into effect that my bike has the factory security. Now this is what is throwing me off, What do I need extra to make the LED's work properly with the security? I am only doing the back for right now but would like to upgrade the front turn signals as well in the future.

Should I just say screw it and just get a replacement bulb for it? I think a 1157 should do it right?

Old 09-15-2011, 05:59 AM
11bDad
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I upgraded the tail light to the HD LED after getting rear ended. It's better than stock, but still not enough. Searched around and decided to convert my turn signals to RBT. Bought the RBT module, load equalizer, LED clusters, and red lenses from Custom Dynamics. Not sure how the security system would play into that, but you could e-mail them and ask. It made an amazing difference.

www.customdynamics.com

Old 09-17-2011, 01:43 AM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If you have 1157's in the rear turn signal housings you won't need the run/turn/brake module, just the load equalizer.