Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

11 WG tail light/turn signal failure

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 10:04 PM
valter
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 11 WG tail light/turn signal failure

anybody else having continuos failure of their running lights/break/turn signals?

2 weeks in, 1 of my running lights went out, and then the other, i had no rear lights at all...blinkers still worked, but i had to have someone follow me home.

month later, blinker stops working on one side.

now, both running lights are out AGAIN, but this time, i have the LED tail for chopped fender...and it actually worked out cool IMO, cause on the 9/11 Rattle the runway ride to DC, my left side was out, tonight, i notice that the right side is out...looks alright. thoughts? electrical issue, or crappy lights? i may end up switching to all LED...but i don't want it to look crappy.

Old 09-14-2011, 11:29 AM
grubeda7
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just had both of mine go out 2 days apart (after 6 months of owning) I keep a spare in the long ride bag now. But I will be replacing with all LED this winter. +1 for increased visibility

Old 09-14-2011, 11:41 AM
djack
Road Master

I like the led taillight, looks good. are you taliking about just the bulbs going out or the module?

Old 09-14-2011, 03:37 PM
1HD1C
Stellar HDF Member
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

i think its a bulb problem, been happening across the whole line of bikes
form what i have been able to ascertain, changed both of mine out about
3 weeks ago after 2.5 months of ownership

Old 09-14-2011, 04:23 PM
valter
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by djack
I like the led taillight, looks good. are you taliking about just the bulbs going out or the module?
thanks, love the LED. wish half of it would blink amber or red when blinker applied...maybe i add another set of LED's under it, amber, and make those my blinkers, and delete the side ones? just not wanting it to look crappy.

the bulbs just be failing. i am going to take it back to the dealer, have them put new ones in when one of them stops blinking. not sure if maybe hitting a pothole is causing the filament to shake and break, or maybe something different. this will be the second time at the dealer, the 3rd time they broke. i replaced them the 2nd time because i didnt feel like waiting for them to fix em.

Old 09-14-2011, 04:28 PM
mazorglide
Cruiser

I think I've gone though about 5 of the bulbs in just over a year. I just went and ordered LED replacements, 12.99 a piece isn't a bad price. Now lets see if it was the bulbs or another problem like overamping the bulbs.

Old 09-14-2011, 06:46 PM
louisianaSVT2001
Road Master

Never had an issue with mine yet, had it over a year and 15k miles

Old 09-14-2011, 10:05 PM
adognamedspot
Advanced

Originally Posted by mazorglide
I think I've gone though about 5 of the bulbs in just over a year. I just went and ordered LED replacements, 12.99 a piece isn't a bad price. Now lets see if it was the bulbs or another problem like overamping the bulbs.
Where did you order them from?

I had one rear bulb go out 3 months ago, took it to the dealer and they replaced it. Last month the other rear went out, same thing except that one blew again a day later. They ended up replacing the socket on that side due to a loose wire.

Old 09-15-2011, 01:48 PM
DavinaniZepp
6th Gear

Valter,

I recalled you replaced HID light for your headlight, will that effect others? I am not sure if HID headlight take more electric current to feed HID headlight and steal from others like turn lights and others?? Or the headlight and turn lights are seperate fuses??

Old 09-15-2011, 01:53 PM
1HD1C
Stellar HDF Member
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by louisianaSVT2001
Never had an issue with mine yet, had it over a year and 15k miles
this is why im thinking a bad batch of bulbs, all 2011s from what i have read on different forums have been having issues.

also my dealer said they arent under warranty so i went and bought a pair
of sylvania LL and stuck them in.

Quick Reply: 11 WG tail light/turn signal failure