Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXDF Progressive Springs, True Track, and Rear Brake Pedal

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 04:08 PM
jake.h
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FXDF Progressive Springs, True Track, and Rear Brake Pedal

Ok, so I slapped some Progressive springs and True Track on the Bob. Difference is amazing! Rides like its on rails, seems more stable in wind, just awesome. Also put some of those lyndall gold brake pads on the front end. The bite is unbelievable. Miles ahead of the stock pads. What I did notice, though, was that the rear brake pedal was hitting the exhaust (I have mid-mounts). Had my mechanic shave a little off the pedal itself and now I actually get good braking off the rear tire. Anyone else had this issue on a mid-mount FXDF?

Old 09-13-2011, 07:08 PM
O-Town D
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

Good to know about the True-Track - still debating whether to lay out that kinda dough to do the mod.

About the b-pedal hitting the exh pipe: don't know what system you are running but I have no clearance issues on my FB.
You can bring up the pedal a little bit by adjusting the brake rod at the rear m/c -
just make sure you leave no more than 9 threads showing on the rod after you tighten the locknut (see pic).

~

Attached Thumbnails FXDF Progressive Springs, True Track, and Rear Brake Pedal-rear-m-c.jpg  
Old 10-20-2011, 11:52 AM
jake.h
Tourer

Thanks O Town. I have mid-mounts and stock exhaust, but I will check this fix out! Also, as I posted elsewhere, the TT eliminated almost all vibration. Funny what you miss when its gone!

Old 10-20-2011, 03:39 PM
RRose13886
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This may be a stupid question but I'm fairly new to the Harleys. What is True Track? Thanks

Old 10-21-2011, 01:42 AM
Foxster
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by RRose13886
This may be a stupid question but I'm fairly new to the Harleys. What is True Track? Thanks
There's usually an advert on this site somewhere. Its an extra and better set of engine mounts/stabilizers. Supposed to improve handling, cools the engine and promote world peace. The usual over-blown claims for most Harley gizmos.

I recently rode a WG with one fitted and could tell zero difference in handling, but a chunk of the Harley vibe was gone, personally though I missed it.

Old 10-21-2011, 01:54 AM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

True Track is on my list of mods. I already love how my Fat Bob handles, BUT if it can get even better...I'll take it

Old 10-21-2011, 01:26 PM
RRose13886
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Foxster.

Old 10-21-2011, 01:50 PM
harley_jeff
Road Master
Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Foxster
There's usually an advert on this site somewhere. Its an extra and better set of engine mounts/stabilizers. Supposed to improve handling, cools the engine and promote world peace. The usual over-blown claims for most Harley gizmos.

I recently rode a WG with one fitted and could tell zero difference in handling, but a chunk of the Harley vibe was gone, personally though I missed it.
Negative on the over-blown claims, ghost-rider. The true-track mod really works, and it works exceptionally well. It improved handling substantially. True-Trak + metzlers + new suspension = much, much improved handling dyna. (Approaching FXR territory.)

Old 10-21-2011, 06:11 PM
jake.h
Tourer

But its true, killed my vibes. less stuff to tighten, i suppose. but I miss my bike trying to shake itself to pieces. it was all part of the fun!

Old 10-22-2011, 02:03 AM
jp28
Road Captain

My FXDF is in the middle of some mods, and unrideable at the moment. I did however just install a Sputhe stabilizer system and am looking forward to trying it out. My other mods include new suspension, new wheels and tires, and raked trees... yes, a rake change. It may be hard to identify the main contributor to the improved ride (it better be improved!), but the stabilizer is one of those things that just makes sense.

Re: rear brake pedal... My stock pedal and header had the rubbing issue you mention. I purchased another brake pedal from a forum member and compared it to mine. What I found was that the new pedal had more clearance. I plan to take a closer look when I have some time, but I noticed the groove for the reservoir linkage looked to be machined at different angles, which means the mounting bore may be different as well. It would only take an error of a couple degrees or so in the machining of the part to cause clearance issues.