Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

9 inch MX-Tbars and some new powder

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 09:13 PM
Good_Apollo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 9 inch MX-Tbars and some new powder

Here are pics of the most recent mods. I ordered up some MX-Tbars but had westcoast make them custom for me, with a 7" riser instead of 8" so they are 9 inch overall instead of 10 and they fit me PERFECT, so comfortable. Handling is not quite as good as the Street Slammers but still good, so it was a good tradeoff. I think they look good, a flyscreen fairing might make it look a bit more balanced though.

Also had the following powdered:

Had my heat shields re-coated in high temp because of all the scratches that were on them from a shop that botched the install. The powder is not a perfect match for the muffler, but I like the contrast.

Fork lowers
brake pedal
Foot peg mounts
highway pegs (mount plate was already black but the piece between that and the peg)
passenger peg mounts
hand levers
shift lever

Next small mods will be a new air cleaner cover to get rid of the football, and maybe one of those HD flyscreen fairings.

This winter I am either going 97" or 107" I am going to talk to my builder and do a cost analysis to see if boring the cases is worth it. I still want it to be pretty reliable. I will probably also have him powder the upper and lower trees and install gaiters while it is at his shop.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:30 PM
shafferk
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude those bars look great. I can't wait to get a set but i'm torn between the 10" and 12" set. It's such a PITA to decide which size bars to get over the internet. Glad they worked out for you.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:34 PM
Good_Apollo
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by shafferk
Dude those bars look great. I can't wait to get a set but i'm torn between the 10" and 12" set. It's such a PITA to decide which size bars to get over the internet. Glad they worked out for you.
Thanks. My advice is to get some PVC and mock some up, you can mock up regular T bars to get the feel, don't have to be MX bars. That is how I know I needed 9" and not 10". They will make whatever for you, my 9" were the same cost as the 10", I just had to wait 2 weeks for them to be made

Old 09-13-2011, 09:20 AM
Good_Apollo
Road Warrior

BTW, I don't know if anybody remembers the nightmare I had wiring my Street Slammers last winter, but I made it much easier on myself this time.

I bought a 48" wiring harness with switches already attached from Custom Chrome, pulled this through while sitting on my couch so all wiring was done before they were even mounted. Used some twine and a vac to suck it through, and a little gorilla tape on the harness to tape the twine to it. Took time and did a push-pull and got the wiring done in about 45min, did not need any baby powder or lube to get them through.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:28 AM
Griff012FLHX
Club Member
Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

A friend of mine has those bars....
I like how the angle keeps your wrist straight....

Old 09-13-2011, 11:32 AM
punkmxcn
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have West Coast T bars and really like the feel. How is the pullback on the MX bars?
Are they pretty much a straight bar or is there pullback?

Old 09-13-2011, 03:30 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Those are some really nice looking bar! Your bike looks great man! Job well done!

Old 09-13-2011, 03:33 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

bars look awesome! for me, it is a bit to much black contrasts going on, with wrinkle, flat, gloss, satin black all used but then again could be the pics that is throwing it off as well... really dig the bars! time to coat those rotors or go floating when you bust into that motor!

Old 09-13-2011, 04:20 PM
Good_Apollo
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by JRK5892
bars look awesome! for me, it is a bit to much black contrasts going on, with wrinkle, flat, gloss, satin black all used but then again could be the pics that is throwing it off as well... really dig the bars! time to coat those rotors or go floating when you bust into that motor!
Agreed for the rotors, how do the HD floating rotors work? I don't know enough about them except I can get them in black. What makes them different than my standard setup and how hard of an install is it?

As far as the contrast, I think the pics make it more intense, just cell phone pics. The muffler and shields are not that different, but in the pics it looks drastic.

Old 09-13-2011, 05:06 PM
DutchBob
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those bars look sick! Nice job!

Quick Reply: 9 inch MX-Tbars and some new powder