Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

7" LED light on a Superglide

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 06:37 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts
Default 7" LED light on a Superglide

Sent my H D 5 3/4 LED light back to LSHD because there was fogging inside the headlight, they gave me 100% credit on the light, my Ultra lights were fogging too they replaced them, seems there is a HD policy to change them out. The lights are way better than stock even with the fogging so please get them if you do night riding. Well I had a 7" ebay housing I used before the LED conversion sitting in the garage, after recent west coast ride I noticed lack of pooling of the HD LED light, the beam was very defined, thats good if you are riding straight but on twistys in Elk/deer country it gives you a bad spot outside the defined beam. I decided to get a Kury 7" LED based on reports I read in the touring forum, it pools the light more not as defined and almost as good on power. I also cut the windsheild to finally fit the 7" light housing, was not that hard.

Sorry I didn't get before pics but I got some after ones. Will gt some more shots today.

Attached Thumbnails 7" LED light on a Superglide-img-20110909-00037.jpg   7" LED light on a Superglide-img-20110909-00038.jpg   7" LED light on a Superglide-img-20110909-00039.jpg  
Old 10-09-2011, 08:23 PM
Bigg Lou
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Photos not showing :(

Would like to see your photos of 7" LED on your SuperGlide. I am rolling on a Dyna FatBob and am going to replace my dual headlight with a 5-3/4" but would prefer the 7" so what does yours look like, how did it come out. Where did you pick up the shell and LED light to fit properly? Waiting on your info to make a decision and purchase.

Thanks in advance.

Old 10-09-2011, 08:54 PM
xantasm
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bigg Lou
Would like to see your photos of 7" LED on your SuperGlide. I am rolling on a Dyna FatBob and am going to replace my dual headlight with a 5-3/4" but would prefer the 7" so what does yours look like, how did it come out. Where did you pick up the shell and LED light to fit properly? Waiting on your info to make a decision and purchase.

Thanks in advance.
I just put a 7" flamed bullet on my Fat Bob with the same type of LED light Masterblaster used. Here are two pics right after install. I think I am going to get a batwing and LED accessory bullets for it later, but for now I am using my memphis shades demon I had from my last bike. Hope this helps you get a feel for how it looks. The light output is really nice with these and on low beam just the upper half of the LED's are on but when you hit high they all light up. BTW were in the same area so if you wanna see it in person, or just need some company on a ride PM me.

Attached Thumbnails 7" LED light on a Superglide-img_1659-1-.jpg   7" LED light on a Superglide-img_1658.jpg