Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Putting together a tool kit...what would you put in it?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 11:26 AM
FlyLow
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Unless you have a Sat phone don't expect a cell signal around my parts and I am only 14 miles from the nearest town. Verizon sucks

Old 09-09-2011, 11:38 AM
Austin Dave
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Boomer8484
Ive got, two small bags (fork bags, came with my bike), in them I have new set of plugs, couple of red rags, mechanics gloves, length of 550 chord, couple 6" cresents, a pair of slip joint and needle nose pliers, multi-bit screw driver, 16oz short handle ball-peen (casue you never know).

Dont kown what else or things I plan to add; electrical tape, zip ties, extra wire, few wire nuts, maybe a set of vise grips.

Initally when I set them up, I wanted to put in an old ratchet and spark plug socket, but the fuel tank pet **** is in the way and theres not enough room to get the socket on the rear spark plug. Thinking of finding and old socket and maybe working it down on my lathe to make it work.
3/8"-drive plug socket will fit past the petcock then a short extension.....

Old 09-11-2011, 09:06 AM
grumpy56
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I carry a Cruz tool kit, but not at all happy with the quality, especially considering it was not cheap. The adjustable wrench is practically useless.

Old 09-11-2011, 09:12 AM
SIDECAR BOB
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

harley sell a multi bit screwdriver that is like a 12 in one phillips assorted torx and nutdrivers, wish I knew who made it for them but it does so much I upgraded all my olls with them instead of the 8 in 1s. pretty much has all the torx you would need on the road. hate to sound like a spokesman for them , but really do find myself using it more and more even in the garage

Old 09-12-2011, 08:51 AM
bsljacques
Tourer

Originally Posted by SIDECAR BOB
harley sell a multi bit screwdriver that is like a 12 in one phillips assorted torx and nutdrivers, wish I knew who made it for them but it does so much I upgraded all my olls with them instead of the 8 in 1s. pretty much has all the torx you would need on the road. hate to sound like a spokesman for them , but really do find myself using it more and more even in the garage
I plan to find one of those 8 -1 drivers....also building my tool kit with Craftsman tools. Got a small ratchet and torx sockets and wrenches with ratchets built in...even a craftsman strap wrench (small for the rear shocks) craftsman pliers. Reason I am going that way is I can find a sears pretty much anywhere and can replace a tool if it were to fail. But I have not yet had one fail. I got some nice quality allen keys with ball ends too.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:10 AM
Austin Dave
Road Master

Originally Posted by SIDECAR BOB
Anyone have the part number for the Harley 12/1 tool? Thanks

Old 09-12-2011, 01:42 PM
Shovelhed
Tourer

Originally Posted by will227457
way to much crap

you only need 2 things

1. Cell phone

2. credit card with a high limit
Exactly brotha! Lol

Old 09-12-2011, 08:46 PM
trip20
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by will227457
way to much crap

you only need 2 things

1. Cell phone

2. credit card with a high limit
I carry a cell phone as well, but there are things I can do on my own with out bothering others and ruining a nice day of riding waiting for a tow, all because I choose to bring a few things along just-in-case.

Not to mention I've saved a few other people with my tools. They had cell phones. They had credit cards. But they wanted to keep riding.

Last edited by trip20; 09-12-2011 at 08:49 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:05 PM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Wyde Glyde Bry
I carry a cell phone as well, but there are things I can do on my own with out bothering others and ruining a nice day of riding waiting for a tow, all because I choose to bring a few things along just-in-case.

Not to mention I've saved a few other people with my tools. They had cell phones. They had credit cards. But they wanted to keep riding.
Exactly!

Most of my tools were used to help the fools.

Old 09-13-2011, 07:10 AM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

When rain is on the way, that cell phone is gonna feel pretty stupid next to a missing toolbag~

Quick Reply: Putting together a tool kit...what would you put in it?