Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you like your DWG windshield?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 02:13 PM
Default How do you like your DWG windshield?

Beautiful weather this past weekend here in Kansas City...however a bit windy so I headed on down to the ol' HD store to get a windshield.

Got the 18 inch quick-release.

The good:
-That new quick disconnect dealio is the real deal...much better then the older style the used to have
-Took literally less then 10 minutes from opening the box to having it on the bike

The bad:
-I can't say it made much of a difference AT ALL!!!!

What have you found?
Anything that works better...?

I'm thinking that because there is so much rake in the DWG, windshields are tough...

Old 09-06-2011, 03:11 PM
MacBean
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have one that i only use on long trips. it works great to keep the wind from hitting me square in the chest and my arms dont get as tired.

Old 09-06-2011, 03:50 PM
O.F.
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have one and it helps protect from getting road crap, bugs, etc. in the face but the wind factor is the same, just from a different direction IMO. I get wind from under the tank that comes up and hits me in the throat...you get used to it. I use it sometimes for highway/distance riding and colder weather.

Old 09-06-2011, 06:03 PM

O.F., looks like you are experiencing the same thing I am...
Do you (and others) think it's because the actual shield is so far forward of us, the rider? I had an Ultra before this and obviously that's a completely different set up.

Does anyone else have the same issues? I think the wind actually starts to buffer right at where we sit because again, it sits so far forward.

Is there a better windshield out there?

Old 09-06-2011, 06:54 PM
O.F.
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Ride with it for a while. Take it off for a while. I think you will find yourself riding with it more often than not, particularly as the colder weather comes on. It actually does make a difference IMO.

Edit - and to your question about alternatives, I don't believe there are any better. I would agree the front end rake makes some difference but a real cure would be lower fairings of some kind. As the parts guy insinuated when I asked, shoulda bought a bagger...

Last edited by O.F.; 09-06-2011 at 06:57 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:02 PM
MrMax
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont have the HD one myself. I put the National Cycle Switchblade on mine a few years ago. On and off in a couple of seconds and makes a big difference in wind/rain coverage for me.

Old 09-06-2011, 07:30 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by StevenTammy
Beautiful weather this past weekend here in Kansas City...however a bit windy so I headed on down to the ol' HD store to get a windshield.

Got the 18 inch quick-release.

The good:
-That new quick disconnect dealio is the real deal...much better then the older style the used to have
-Took literally less then 10 minutes from opening the box to having it on the bike

The bad:
-I can't say it made much of a difference AT ALL!!!!

What have you found?
Anything that works better...?

I'm thinking that because there is so much rake in the DWG, windshields are tough...
Yeah I had the same problem with my 98 DWG and I spent some bucks on the windshield I had, its the rake and ergo of the bike. Had to use a helmet (wasn't keen on those back then...I know dumbshit) but a 3/4 with a drop down shield helped a lot. At times the windshield would work agains the turbulence of the wind to the extent I just rode with the 3/4 helmet by itself which surprisingly was much better? The Wide Glide looks better without a windshield so the helmet had a two fold benefit but you'll need to make your own discoveries.....let us know how it turns out.

Old 09-06-2011, 07:34 PM
EP50
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't have one

Old 09-06-2011, 08:03 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

You can get a replacement with a recurve top from Clear View Shields which may push the wind up and over you.

Old 09-07-2011, 12:33 AM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

have you tried adjusting it? on my sg i found that mounting it about 1-1/4" from the lower tree works best. If I mount it all the way down on the tubes the wind wants to rip my helmet off

Quick Reply: How do you like your DWG windshield?