Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you like your DWG windshield?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 10:06 AM

Hmm...after reading these last few posts, maybe the problem is wind coming from underneath...haven't thought of that but it makes perfect sense.
They make lowers I could attach to my HD?

Old 09-11-2011, 11:01 PM
IRONIC
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Compact detachable windshield for my Fat Bob. I spent countless hours adjusting up, down, tilting forward, tilting backward but still had an incredible amount of wind buffeting. I was ready to buy a larger windshield to direct the air up & over my head. instead I cut off 6" inches off the top of the windshield & I now truly enjoy riding with a windshield which I never did before. I no longer have that "Blown off the Bike" feeling & I still have the wind on my face which one of the many reasons I enjoy riding a motorcycle in the first place.

Old 09-12-2011, 05:25 PM
Kaycee
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have had a coupla HD W/S on mine a solid mount and then a quick detach I just had to much buffeting .Wish I would of kept the Quick detach and choped a coupla inches off.Has any one tried the Harley sporttech where it mounts to bars and triple tree ,I don't think they look that bad as they are a little smaller.I just need a little pressure off the chest.

Old 09-12-2011, 10:10 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Kaycee
I have had a coupla HD W/S on mine a solid mount and then a quick detach I just had to much buffeting .Wish I would of kept the Quick detach and choped a coupla inches off.Has any one tried the Harley sporttech where it mounts to bars and triple tree ,I don't think they look that bad as they are a little smaller.I just need a little pressure off the chest.
I tried putting one on when I had lowrider bars when they said it would fit and well...........it won't. Its very unforgiving if there isn't a full inch of DEAD FLAT bar outside the risers, if there is the least little curve it won't work. Plus it would have sat way out front of the light.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:26 AM
DavinaniZepp
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I looked at convertible cars... I think they all look so amazed without windy bother them. When I decided to get windshield after I rode 3 hours roundtrip on highway, my neck is killing me!!

After I got windshield and I still feel pressure by the windy but my helmet seems stay on and less pressure under my cheek....

I believe the windshields only protect the bugs, rocks, or others that hit your face instead of windy. ;-/ I am still keep windshield for now and on...