Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 12:44 PM
08fxdf43202
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

The Black/red wire on the left side is the clutch safety switch.

Originally Posted by artizinn
I swapped out all my cables and ran my wires through my new bars and I keep blowing fuses. First was accessories then my batter fuse.. I have no turn signals on my dash and have checked for pinched wires at the hand controls and everything looks good..any ideas?
It doesn't look like the battery circuit goes through the hand controls/bars... so I'm not sure why that fuse would've blown???

The ACCY circuit runs through both hand controls for turn signals and horn... a short to ground (which could be the inside of the handle bars) would cause that fuse to blow.

It's a little confusing when you say "I have no turn signals on my dash"...
because thats not where turn signals are usually mounted.

The turn signals shouldn't be functioning at all if the ACCY fuse is blown or keeps blowing.

If the signals ARE functioning AND the turn signal indicator lamps (on the dash) ARE NOT functioning, then you may have ****ed up the TSM… which might cause the battery fuse to blow.

Did you cut & splice the wiring in order to extend the harness for the ape hangers?

Old 09-07-2011, 12:47 PM
artizinn
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 8541hog
Looks like in 2007 they made a change, the B/R on yours is also the clutch switch along with the black wire.
Hmm should it light up to or only when engaged?

Old 09-07-2011, 12:55 PM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Hmm should it light up to or only when engaged?
Light up? Are you checking for continuity or voltage? You should have continuity on that B/R and B (left side) when you pull in the clutch.

Exactly what did you do? Cut and splice? How did you splice? Or did you use an extension kit?

Old 09-07-2011, 01:43 PM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

In case you do not have it already

Old 09-07-2011, 02:58 PM
artizinn
Cruiser

Didnt do either had enough length and just undid them from the cluster than re attached my bob had mini apes so had plenty room to move. Thats what makes this so annoying i have triple checked everything and i dont think im that much of an idiot haha! Thanks for the diagram btw I will break it down once again tonight when I get off work

Old 09-07-2011, 06:38 PM
08fxdf43202
Road Warrior

Have you unpluged the connectors and checked each wire for continuity to ground?

Old 09-08-2011, 09:00 AM
artizinn
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 08fxdf43202
Have you unpluged the connectors and checked each wire for continuity to ground?
Yeah did it a couple times. Gonna pull the wires back out tonight and remove the sleeves to see if there could be a tear or something.. Great thing is I'm off tomorrow so I will hopefully have it finished for a great evening ride!

Old 09-08-2011, 09:45 AM
stbobshadow
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blueangel73
I had this issue and it took me about an hour to figure out that it was the clamp pinching the wire when it was tightened down. Blown fuse when clamp was tight, no blown fuse when clamp was loosened!
I had the same problem you have to be careful when trying to squezze all the wires back in there

Old 09-09-2011, 08:07 AM
08fxdf43202
Road Warrior

Yeah did it a couple times. Gonna pull the wires back out tonight and remove the sleeves to see if there could be a tear or something.. Great thing is I'm off tomorrow so I will hopefully have it finished for a great evening ride!
Let us know what you find.

Old 09-09-2011, 01:54 PM
artizinn
Cruiser
Talking

ok so my left hand control had a few wires in the sleeve that were causeing the problem as well as how i was putting the wires in the connectors...basically other thought one part ignored the other. i used liquid tape on the wires and really took my time putting them back in.

got it all done and then , of course, the o-ring in my gas tank busts haha!! for a moment FML but ran got one and she fired right up!!

rode it around the block hitting every speed bump i could at different speeds to make sure she was good, and by god she was!!

16"s are amazing!! now just gotta find a better place for my tool bag!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Quick Reply: Help!!!!