Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel light flashing with full tank!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 05:44 PM
Squirrel67
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never use the kill switch on the bars, just the ignition switch. And always wait for the fuel pump to stop running before starting the bike.

Old 09-06-2011, 05:45 PM
Dynaglide68
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Plaidfinger
So you leave the run switch on and just use the ignition switch to turn on and off.

BTW, the dealer as expected "could not duplicate" so "everything is fine" They said it could have been a low battery??
Sounds like an alarm issue

Old 09-06-2011, 08:15 PM
Plaidfinger
Cruiser

How so? The red security light did come on at the same time.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:18 PM
Plaidfinger
Cruiser

Does it sound unlikely that it was a battery issue? They said there were no codes in history or current and all connectors were checked. two days after I bought the bike, the red security light came on and both rear running lights were out.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:38 PM
Garyk
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So you leave the run switch on and just use the ignition switch to turn on and off.

BTW, the dealer as expected "could not duplicate" so "everything is fine" They said it could have been a low battery??
Yup, never use the kill switch....and like Squirrel67 says, always wait till fuel pump primes.

Old 09-09-2011, 04:04 PM
Plaidfinger
Cruiser

Back in the shop today, same problem... At a light, fuel pump sound pitch dropped an returned, security light. Gas light flashing. Needle drops to e. Both rear running lights out. Owned less than 2 weeks and three trips to the dealer. Laaaaame.

Old 09-09-2011, 04:15 PM
1HD1C
Stellar HDF Member
Received 190 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Garyk
"Turn off Sequence"? I never use the kill switch, been riding HDs for over 30 yrs and never had a problem except when some yahoo hits the kill switch on me and I sit there trying to figure out why the damn bike won't start.....
+1-----nine out of ten times i use the ignition to shut the bike off and the only thing
my selling dealer said to do was wait for the check engine light to go out before starting.

Old 09-09-2011, 07:50 PM
Plaidfinger
Cruiser

Just picked it up. They said there was a loose connection in the sending unit. Filled the tank and plan to put some serious miles on it tomorrow. 3 times for one problem in the first two weeks of ownership. This had better be the last time!!!

Old 09-10-2011, 07:30 AM
jamman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my fld has done this, on the hotter days 102, 103, full tank , gauge all over the place, light flashing , has quit since then,,

Old 10-10-2016, 10:43 PM
Bam Bam!
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Same problem!

Back in the shop today, same problem... At a light, fuel pump sound pitch dropped an returned, security light. Gas light flashing. Needle drops to e. Both rear running lights out. Owned less than 2 weeks and three trips to the dealer. Laaaaame.
I don't have the fuel pump issue, but this morning my fuel tank level indicator light started flashing and my Gage said empty. Even after refilling, comes back on. Also low range on my display. I've been realized after getting pulled over that my running lights are not on either. When I first start the bike, they are. But then they go out. My two nurses that the lights are throwing a grounding code, but I find it strange that the fuel tank is having issues. I suspect they are related

Quick Reply: Fuel light flashing with full tank!!