Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nice ride

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2006 | 06:20 PM
Twotonetom
|
6th Gear
Default nice ride

Hi people-

Just got back from a nice ride in Westchester co. on Rt.22. I'm starting to like the 07' lowrider more and more. Notice the gears are making less noise. I followed a buddy that led me out of the city fairly quick. I had to fight the cabs in manhattan in order to meet him. First time riding in the city. Not as bad as I thought. Just stayed in 2nd and covered the brake. Moving on and off the parkway was a trip. Don't like all the traffic. People are crazy and were passing me alot. I felt bad for my buddy because I was moving at 50-55 mph. Way too slow for city traffic. But I still don't feel comfortable moving fast on the highways. Bike feels very stable at all speeds. When we hit the two lane county road I felt better. However, I need alot of practice on the turns. I'm still worried about leaning this baby. Also trying to get a feel of what gear to be in. This is my first Harley and I love the range and power in each band. I feel top 3rd is good with the 25-45 mph twisties. I was a back road rider when I had my old bikes. I'ts the high speed parkways and bridges that I need to get used to. I need to take them in order to get out of the city. I'm better. 800mi on bike. Might feel better after 2-3k on the bike. Can't wait to feel more comfortable. Right now it feels like alot of work.

tom
nyc

Old 11-18-2006 | 07:43 PM
CycleDrider
Road Master
Default RE: nice ride

Having a bike in the city is a challenge. As for riding skills, they will come with time. Just take your time and stay with your comfort zone. Your skills will get better as you ride more.

Have fun..

Old 11-18-2006 | 11:28 PM
Twotonetom
|
6th Gear

Thanks for the positive feedback. I'm going to take in slow until my skills increase. Wish I could ride everyday. Love the sound of the bike. Feels like you're never alone on the road.

tom
nyc

Old 11-19-2006 | 02:18 PM
steelcowboy
Road Master

Practice practice practice and if you can take a skills course I used to make fun of them but the Army makes us do it. really taught me how far I can push me bike yo'd be surprised.

Old 11-20-2006 | 01:11 AM
blkdimon8
Tourer

Twotone
I recommend the ride like a pro dvd, it's pretty good and will help you with the MSf course also. Took the MSF course and practiced using the dvd and what I learned w/the course. The more you ride the better you will get, not to mention your confidence level goes up. Stay safe